Assistant Payroll Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* for a change?
The Assistant Payroll Manager will report directly to the Payroll Manager. The Assistant Payroll Manager will provide managerial oversight and direction to the Senior Payroll Analyst and the Payroll Specialist. The position will primarily be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day payroll activities for all US and international payrolls. The Assistant Payroll Manager will provide support on process improvements, Workday testing, system integrations, documentation and audits. As a senior member of the Payroll team, this individual would partner with our Finance and Human Resource groups, effecting change and completing special projects aligned with company-wide goals and objectives.
About this roll*
- Review, audit, and approve biweekly payroll for Multi-state US and international payroll, including off-cycle payments or supplemental (bonus and year ending) payrolls, as needed
- Be the point person for all Workday testing.
- Oversee the reconciliation of quarterly 941s and the reconciliation and distribution of annual W-2 reporting
- Establish and maintain process documentation for new procedures.
- Responsible for ad hoc payroll reporting including proficiency in creating reports.
- Prepare data for internal and external audits which include, Workers Compensation, 401K and Payroll Accounting audits.
- Maintain earning and deduction earning codes to ensure accurate calculations.
- Ensure Payroll staff is providing accurate and timely responses to all Payroll inquiries through ServiceNow tickets.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Payroll experience, Workday required, ADP tax preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of US payroll tax laws for a multi-state employer
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong customer service skills
- 2 years of supervisory experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required.