Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a Business Operations Assistant Manager to fill a brand new role and play an integral part in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. This person will lead the operational support for our customer base. You will join a dynamic Business Operations team that is the “go-to” team for Customer Success and our customers, empathetically resolving customer issues while driving data-driven process improvements to enhance our customers’ experience.
This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and challenging a high-performing team. It will require structuring a team for success, helping them solve problems as they arise, driving process improvements using tools and systems, and ensuring alignment cross-functionally with key stakeholders. You will be critical to driving our customer NPS and scaling our business.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage a large team of Business Operations Representatives, ensuring work is completed in an accurate and timely manner in line with our SLAs
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to turn escalated situations into positive outcomes
- Identify gaps in processes using a data-driven approach, and drive improvements using tools and systems
- Work with product, engineering, and systems teams to automate and simplify processes
- Build, develop, and report on key success metrics of the team’s performance
- Drive cross-functional alignment across Customer Success, Billing, Legal, Payments, Business Systems, and Product teams on key operational issues
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Problem-solving, organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with an ability to learn quickly and make an impact
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience, including managing a team and working with customers
- Demonstrated experience in driving process changes and solving ambiguous problems
- Analytical mindset that can use data-driven insights to prioritize and solve issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence and align key stakeholders across levels
- Experience in leading and contributing to cross-functional projects
- Ability to work in ambiguity, making time-sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment and have extreme attention to detail
*Bread puns encouraged but not required