It’s an exciting time to join Ellevation! Our company is growing, and we need an Executive Assistant to help us maintain our open and collaborative culture and stay organized with our competing priorities. In this role you will support our CEO day-to-day, assist our leadership team with scheduling of meetings and events, and manage our Boston office.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation’s mission to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Understand Ellevation’s values and how our teams collaborate to drive results.
- Learn our internal communication tools, norms, and practices.
- Learn all of our internal tools including G-suite, Slack, Atlassian, Concur, Zoom.
- Answer the main Ellevation phone and manage incoming mail and deliveries.
- Manage our CEO’s schedule and support leadership team meetings and events.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Own all calendar scheduling for our CEO and leadership team cross-team events.
- Work closely with our CEO & Co-Founder on calendar management.
- Assist with the Boston office move to our new location.
- Schedule and ensure smooth execution of all internal meetings.
- Coordinate meetings, meals, and travel for the leadership team and others as needed.
- Complete monthly expense reports for all office items and CEO.
- Occasionally run work-related errands, order, and pick up local lunch orders.
Within 6-12 months, you will:
- Establish strong working relationships and build rapport with colleagues and people leaders throughout the company.
- Assist in the coordination of our semi-annual all-company company offsites.
- Once we reopen our Boston office, coordinate new hire seating, ID badges, IT equipment, office supplies, snacks, vendors, conference rooms, etc.
- Positive: Your friendly attitude creates a welcoming environment for employees and guests.
- Thorough: You love details and ensuring a seamless experience.
- Trustworthy: You are skilled in building rapport/relationships.
- Adaptable self-starter: You can anticipate and solve problems to get the job done.
- You are extremely organized and can balance multiple projects (and people!) at once.
- Tech-savvy: You use technology to simplify work and communication while maintaining confidentiality.
- Great communicator: You enjoy proper grammar and can craft a clear and well-worded email and/or slide deck.
- Exemplar of our core values (Continuous Learning, Impact, Inclusion, Long-Term Vision, Partnership, and People) and are passionate about our mission of helping English Language Learners reach their highest aspirations.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5pm with 30-minute lunch break
Working conditions: Must be able to walk to local errands and lift 50 pounds.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.