AD, Transportation at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, results oriented Associate Director, Final Mile Outbound Transportation to join our exciting, fast paced team in Boston, MA. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about supply chain, e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity at Chewy may be a great match! As an Associate Director of Final Mile Outbound Transportation, you will lead a team responsible for the following Transportation initiatives: modal optimization balancing speed and cost, financial management of parcel carriers, statistical deep dives of parcel failure modes, developing tools to help operations hit performance targets, carrier negotiations, network planning, peak capacity planning, delivery quality, and delivery experience. This is a rare opportunity to work side by side with smart, passionate, and highly motivated entrepreneurs in an amazing environment as we work together to create a household name. You will be involved in many aspects of building the business and will not be limited by the small-minded bureaucracy typically found in larger companies. We are looking for someone who has the personality, passion, excitement and drive to succeed!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage analytics, strategy, and carrier network planning for all customer orders at Chewy
- Manage direct reports as well as aspects of hiring and recruiting.
- Manage a team of Analysts and Program Managers.
- Manage carrier financials, negotiations, and parcel strategy.
- Responsible for all small parcel spend at Chewy.
- Work with Fulfillment Centers, Customer Service, Technology, Sales and Operations Planning, and executive leadership to identify areas of opportunity to improve total delivery experience to Chewy’s customers.
- Work with IT to develop/enhance systems to help achieve transportation processes and automate manual processes.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Business Administration or Business Management (Masters Preferred)
- 6-8+ years of Supply Chain experience
- Current managerial responsibility of a team of 3+
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional stake holders, influence decisions, and recommend a course of action based on data analytics
- Ability to drive process improvement by implementing checks and balances and identifying process steps that can be automated
- Detail oriented and possess superior organizational, self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Tenacity pursuing carrier performance issues and strong sense of urgency to correct/improve
- Previous transportation negotiation experience on large contracts
- Extensive knowledge in transportation, operations management, and small parcel networks
- Ability to think strategically about carrier networks, both short and long term
- Solid understanding of data analysis including advanced proficiency with Excel, SQL, Access, and Tableau
- Proven leader, record of building teams, creating metrics and delivering results
- E-commerce background is a requirement
- Startup experience is a plus
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]