Accounts Payable Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Accounts Payable manager is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of Toast’s
Accounts Payable function, execution of Accounts Payable related month end close tasks, and
management of the Accounts Payable team. Individuals in this role should be comfortable
collaborating regularly with internal and external business partners to develop processes,
implement efficiencies, and enhance partnerships. This is a fast-paced, highly visible role that
requires time management and problem-solving skills.
About this roll*
- Provide daily oversight of the Accounts Payable function and team to assure efficient,
timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and inquiries. Manage AP
- Enhance the security, compliance, efficiency and accuracy of Accounts Payable
processes by identifying and executing on opportunities to improve.
- Work with accounting leadership to schedule and approve weekly payments on
outstanding invoices. Leverage timing of invoice payments to assure optimized cash
balance and float at any given point in time.
- Work closely with other members of the Accounting team to assure a timely and
accurate month end close. This includes assisting with or managing various month end
close tasks such as accruals, expense allocation and cash reconciliation.
- Train, manage, and develop members of the Accounts Payable team. Hold weekly one
on one meetings, initiate career and performance conversations, and oversee the
development of team members.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 5 years of experience working in Accounts Payable and/or Procure to Pay lifecycles
- 2 years of experience managing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar related field.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application to Accounts Payable functions.
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain business relationships
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required