3D Printing R&D Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The 3D Printing R&D Manager leads a team at the center SLA R&D at Formlabs. This team develops approaches, 3D printing processes and algorithms for new and existing Formlabs printers. The person leading this team must have a background in mechanical engineering and materials with an understanding of the use and development of software algorithms. Pluses include optics, serious use of 3D printing and development of complex electromechanical machines.
If you have the R&D or engineering background to understand our 3D printers, materials and software, along with group management and planning skills we want you as our 3D Printing R&D Manager.
- Manage a cross disciplinary team of 4-5 people, including mechanical engineers, software engineers and physicists
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input on a daily basis
- Develop a deep understanding of how Formlabs printers, algorithms and materials work together
- Coordinate with other engineering teams to ensure a steady flow of work into product features
- Be able to discuss multidisciplinary projects you have completed, including how well they worked and how you would improve them
- Be a hands-on technical leader who can give technical input
- Have experience as the technical leader or manager of R&D efforts. Be able to discuss your approach to leading R&D teams.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.