VP, Public Relations at BitSight Technologies
Are you an inveterate storyteller with a passion for building great brands? Are you looking to fundamentally change the cybersecurity market and make the complexities of cyber risk understandable to a wide variety of audiences?
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Public Relations will advance issues, shape public opinion and build movements. The Vice President should be a seasoned leader with a strong communications/integrated marketing background in cybersecurity with a proven track record of success. They must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have the capability to manage multiple, simultaneous key initiatives, and the ability to manage internal and external (client) expectations.
As a strategic thinker, they will apply a multi-channel media mindset to all client work and have an impressive sense of storytelling. They will oversee the creation of multi-media strategies that factor in social and paid opportunities, partnering effectively with internal content creators as well as outside agencies. The VP should demonstrate the ability to provide sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated with confidence.
This role is highly cross-functional with senior-level visibility. It will work especially closely with our Thought Leadership, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Product Management and Growth Marketing teams to understand areas of opportunity and to execute brand marketing activities. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for relationship building, with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including introducing and defending new ideas and campaigns to senior stakeholders.
- Bring our brand to life. Own, maintain, and evolve BitSight's brand identity and visual expression across product and marketing initiatives.
- Tell great stories that highlight what BitSight’s narrative and elevate our point of view in the market.
- Ensure a consistent, world-class brand presence is present through all of the company's touch points across product and marketing efforts.
- Lead and manage BitSight’s external global PR agencies, achieving high visibility with top-tier media on a global basis and continuously raising our share of voice within the cybersecurity industry and with top-tier executives.
- Drive the company's social media strategy understanding which levers to pull to drive awareness, engagement and social interaction. Manage day-to-day social project and content ideas
- Create compelling programs which engage industry analysts and help us achieve top-tier rankings.
- Build and advance BitSight’s public image in ways that directly impact revenue, brand awareness and employer branding.
- Partner with marketing, product, and executive stakeholders to define strategy and lead the development of creative concepts delivered through all media channels: advertising, video, web, social, mobile, and press.
- Define and achieve KPIs including identifying primary target audiences and delivering best-in-class content and solutions through direct and partner channels.
- 10-15 years of experience in PR, global brand, and communications, preferably in the cybersecurity industry.
- Strong knowledge of branding and design concepts, programs and fundamentals as well as social media platforms, measurement tools and influencer management solutions
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems and secure opportunities
- Ability to develop metrics, build executive summaries and communicate business and technology insights
- Experience writing compelling narratives rooted in consumer truths and business objectives
- Strong and proven track record with communications, media relations and social media
- Proven experience driving corporate communications through massive scale and growth
- A start-up mentality, high sense of urgency as well as an ability/interest in wearing multiple hats
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive new ways of thinking of driving communications internally and externally
- BA/BS degree.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. If you are resident of Colorado, please email us at [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role.