VP of Marketing
Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is looking for a Vice President of Marketing. As the VP of Marketing you will manage the development, execution and measurement of marketing communication strategies and go to market plans to build brand awareness, drive adoption of our core consumer products throughout the traveler life-cycle journey. You will take responsibility for the overall marketing results of the company and provide strategic leadership, from a market and product perspective through sales to our management team. You will need to collaborate with various teams including product, brand, PR, business data analysis, CRM, research, analytics, legal and creative. You should be a team player, a roll up your sleeves operator, and appreciate the importance of branding for a premium lifestyle product.
The ideal candidate is someone who is customer-obsessed, sales focused and understands how to develop and coordinate marketing strategies that truly move behavior. PFF is selling direct-to-consumer through our on-line channels so strength in digital marketing is a must. This role will lead the development of creative and digital marketing initiatives to convert prospects and attract new customers. As we are a new company, with a new product, creating a new market category, you need a proven and tenured track record of leadership, innovation, and traditional and digital marketing expertise.
- Take responsibility for the annual marketing plan, strategy, and team.
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies. Develop a deep understanding of Piaggio Fast Forward’s customers and prospects and figure out what motivates them and the decision makers around them.
- Convert prospects into customers via tiered marketing campaigns using traditional and digital methods.
- Evaluate, execute and manage the proper combination of formats (e.g. blogs, guides, ebooks, reports, videos, interactive content, podcasts, etc.) and distribution channels.
- Build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team.
- Work closely with the VP of Brand (including graphic and industrial design) and the VP of Communications and PR.
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet business objectives.
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Evaluate and modify existing digital media strategy regarding channels and expenditure including Pay Per Click advertising campaigns (primarily Facebook and Instagram), email advertising campaigns, and SEO.
- Schedule and define collateral messaging and visual content required for advertising campaigns, social media channels, email runtime campaigns, and content marketing outlets.
- Oversee advertising strategy.
- Ensure SEO best practices are consistently utilized and implemented.
- Create reports and presentations for C-Suite and Board of Directors.
- MA in Marketing or related field (journalism, communication)
- 8+ years in product, brand management and leadership experience within a consumer products company.
- Outstanding communication, listening, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of market research.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to create original and engaging copy.
- Strong knowledge of the technical elements involved in digital marketing practices (site structures, SEO, tag management).
- Proficient with CRM tools especially Hubspot.
- Track record of growing a company’s follower base and converting leads to sales.
- Detail-oriented, consistency in creating on brand messaging across all digital channels and consumer touch points.
- Experience in managing social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter including PPC strategies and expenditures.
- Data driven marketer who knows how to optimize spend.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.