VP Marketing, Industries and Product
As VP Product Marketing, you will lead a team of highly experienced Product and Partner Marketing professionals. This key leadership position plays an important role in bridging the gap between sales, marketing, engineering, product management, industry, and business development. This role will develop and maintain detailed knowledge of all DataRobot products, will serve as the Product and Partner Marketing ambassador, and will work with each team member to develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy for each product/partner to communicate details about our unique value in the rapidly-emerging artificial intelligence and machine learning market.
The role will guide the use of a persona-driven go-to-market framework, will develop and implement initiatives to reinforce and improve upon the structure and will ensure all deliverables are consistent with best practices and company need. In addition, the role will be responsible for developing an appropriate set of career goals for each team member, maximize teaming and collaboration, serve as a mentor, and promote and foster additional leadership skills of each team member. While each team member will be responsible for developing and maintaining cross-functional relationships for their assigned products and partners, the VP is expected to set the tone, build his or her own relationships and establish a culture of cross-functional cooperation.
We’re looking for a self-motivated product marketing leader, with experience handling both internal and external business communication, to develop strategies and associated content that communicates the benefits and details of new product releases.
- Team management - Lead and mentor the team to bring DataRobot’s products to market, ensuring short-term tactical activities and long-term strategic efforts align with DataRobot’s stated objectives.
- Product positioning – help determine target personas and develop messaging to succinctly describe the unique value of DataRobot, plus individual features.
- Sales productivity – enable the salesforce with crucial information that allows them to communicate and prove the value of DataRobot products and services.
- Market intelligence – be an expert on buyers, including how they buy, their buying criteria, etc., and communicate this information throughout the company.
- Product launch strategy – assess product roadmap and key initiatives to set launch and communications strategies for internal and external audiences.
- In-product notifications/aids – develop in-product content that alerts users to the availability of new releases, and demonstrates how to use new features.
- External release communication – create materials, including emails, newsletters, and blogs, that inform customers about the availability of new product releases, and educate them on how to get the most value from them.
- Internal release communication – ensure cross-departmental communication about product roadmap and strategy, and ensure everyone has a common understanding of emerging requirements.
- Release enablement materials – coordinate the development of sales tools that help employees and partners understand why new features were developed, how they work, and what new opportunities have been uncovered as a result.
- 15+ years of product marketing experience in a data science or analytics environment.
- Proven management and organization skills.
- World-class written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, with acute attention to detail.
- Experience working with an enterprise customer base and sales force.
- Great people networking skills – you probably knew pretty much everybody in your previous company!
- Ability to engage and empathize with data scientists, business users and executives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Active in social media.
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.