Technical Writer at CircleCI
As a Technical Writer on the Engineering team, you will work closely with our engineers, developer evangelists, product team, and others to deliver the documentation used by tens of thousands of developers to help them succeed at delivering software through CircleCI.About Technical Writing at CircleCI
You will join our growing Documentation Team. You will work closely and be supported by our engineering team and developer evangelists to understand the capabilities of our continuous integration and deployment platform and communicate those capabilities to our users such that they can get maximum value from our platform. You will update documentation regularly, write new material as needed, solicit input from across the company, and be a primary point of contact for customer contributions to our open source documentation repository.What you'll do:
- Organize, edit, and be a contributing writer on our documentation site.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to understand changes and new features as they are released to identify any changes needed to keep the documentation up-to-date.
- Solicit and coordinate internal and external input sent as comments or as pull requests to our documentation repository.
- Work with our developer evangelism team to ensure a cohesive voice, coding style, and consistency of approach in our outward-facing technical writing.
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, well-organized writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices - you don’t necessarily need to be an active engineer, but you’ll need to have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks.
- At CircleCI, you’ll need to be able to climb the learning curve on the core idioms of most major programming languages and frameworks as well as various methods for deploying code into production environments.
- An understanding of enterprise business requirements and expectations or an eagerness to gain an understanding is also a big plus.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and a cover letter if you’d like to let us know describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.