Sr Director Strat Comms
Greater Boston Area
Looking to change how the world thinks of data privacy? Privitar is looking for someone to lead our Strategic Communications and help shape the data privacy engineering software category.
In this position, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will play a critical role in partnering with C-level executives to set and drive strategic direction for the company's overarching brand building and communications goals. You will bring innovative ideas to life to build a quality public brand, strong and compelling messaging and engagement. You should feel comfortable shifting between strategy and execution while handling a high volume of projects. We are looking for someone who can partner with executive leadership to drive our message quickly and effectively, has a strong bias for action, is a bold thinker, and is able to collaborate across internal and external stakeholders. This position will oversee the day-to-day press & analyst relations, content creation and social media strategy for Privitar.
Privitar is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London and is building data privacy software. We work with organizations worldwide across multiple industries, including financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government. We enable them to get the most out of data while reducing privacy risk.
- Plan and drive global public relations strategy in partnership with the core global communications team to provide timely content that resonates with the worldwide target audience and falls within budget
- Use your noteworthy expertise on a range of data privacy issues to advance storytelling and brand awareness efforts
- Oversee the pitch process and placing stories about Privitar and executives
- Serve as the primary liaison for the organization to the PR agency
- Develop media relations strategy, deploy creative tactics for press coverage
- Plan and execute a 12-month PR editorial and influencer calendar including but not limited to press releases, media alerts, case studies, infographics, fact sheets, white papers, etc. and ensure that they get disseminated through appropriate channels
- Provide guidance and help co-develop and execute a thoughtful social media content management and blogging strategy
- Support and empower the global communications team to identify, organize, and manage speaking engagements, awards, and media opportunities
- Support development of executive keynotes that tell overarching stories via key messaging, about Privitar, the data privacy industry and the future.
- Prepare SMEs in advance for interviews with media briefings, training, and talking points to ultimately ensure positive interaction with media
- Partner with Demand Generation and Product Marketing as well as other internal stakeholders across the organization to build a quality public brand, strong and compelling messaging to help create an impactful experience for potential and current customers
- Strategically manage KPIs and effectiveness of communications campaigns as well as the PR agency SOW and share results with the executive leadership team on a periodic basis
- 10+ years combined experience in corporate communications, public relations, and/or ad tech preferred, with a focus on B2B technology
- Stellar track record of securing top-tier coverage with technology related topics
- Experience working in b2b enterprise software
- Technical enough to be able to translate our message and carry a narrative that is convincing and credible to our audience
- Experience working with industry analysts such as Forrester and Gartner
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Strong communications skills including writing and delivering presentations
- A dynamic, "get-it-done," action-oriented attitude and experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent ability to identify ideas for media pitching and writing skills to convey them in a compelling benefit and audience-oriented manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up style environment and influence senior leaders
- Able to navigate ambiguity and have a strong vision for goals, driving for excellent results
- Ability to leverage social media channels to promote the company and employer brand
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description