As a Social Media Specialist, you’ll build community through our social channels and create high-quality, relevant, and engaging social-first content to help Klaviyo and our customers grow their businesses.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Content is core to our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in the growth of our business and in helping both Klaviyo and our customers achieve business goals.
You’ll employ a story-first strategy across content, which means you’ll identify the best format through which to tell particular stories across all marketing channels.
You’ll create content in a variety of formats (social media posts, videos, graphics, GIFs, and other forms of digital content) primarily for Klaviyo’s organic social media channels. You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of the marketing team, sales, customer success, as well as our customers to create highly engaging social-focused content.
What Your Work Will Look Like
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team and you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Content Strategist.
- Manage day-to-day activities across Klaviyo’s social media channels. You’ll develop a social media editorial calendar and ensure we have a mix of high-quality content to regularly publish across organic social channels. You’ll understand what’s happening inside Klaviyo and within the Klaviyo global community that would make for compelling social content. You’ll develop audience-focused social programs to deepen social engagement. You’ll curate relevant third-party content to share across channels, and you’ll respond to and appropriately route inquiries and issues that arise across social media channels.
- Create engaging content. You’ll stay current on the latest social media trends and techniques to create amazingly engaging social-focused content for Klaviyo’s organic social media efforts.
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging social-focused content and programs. You’ll also stay current on emerging social platforms and make informed recommendations on where and how Klaviyo should grow its social presence.
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team on paid social media initiatives. You’ll contribute your expertise in social media and content creation to support the team as needed across paid social media campaigns.
- Engage your fellow Klaviyos. You’ll inspire others across the organization to get energized about creating and sharing content across social channels.
- Monitor performance. You’ll keep an eye on and share the performance of our social media channels—how they’re growing, what content is resonating, how is the community engaging, etc—and you’ll use data to optimize efforts across channels fast.
Who You Are
- You’re first and foremost a marketer, but you’re also an exceptional storyteller, digital content creator, writer, community engager, social pro, and communicator.
- You know how to create great digital content for social media. You have a strong understanding of the social media landscape, and you can spot the latest trends and emerging memes faster than anyone.
- You enjoy coaching your fellow Klaviyos on what makes for high-quality, community-focused, and buzz-worthy social content, and you’re laser-focused on keeping the quality of social content consistent with Klaviyo’s brand.
- You deeply enjoy connecting with members of the Klaviyo community across social media channels, and you’re excited to learn more about social media marketing and how to use it to solve business problems.
- You’re curious by nature and energized by being part of a fast-paced, high-growth entrepreneurial business.
- You have at least two years of experience in social media marketing, preferably within a high-growth technology company and marketing to other marketers.
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.