What’s the deal with Instagram Reels? Are people still using Snapchat? Will Twitter ever let us edit our tweets? If your mind works in hashtags, blue checks, emojis, or GIFs, allow us to introduce this exciting opportunity to you—we’re looking for a strategic Social Media Manager to join our new Brand and Communications team here at Wistia!
It’s not every day that an opportunity comes up to work with a fun, creative, and established-yet-quirky brand on social media. With an audience of ~80k followers across our social platforms, we’ve built a strong, engaged community of super fans and followers over the years. However, we’re really looking to level-up our social media strategy across the board as we continue to push our business forward. What does that mean exactly? Well, we’re creating more original content than ever before (check out our video series and podcasts) and we need a thoughtful strategy for promoting it on social. We also have more to say on social to express our company values and what we believe in. These are just a few of the many opportunities and challenges we’re hoping the Social Media Manager will be able (and eager!) to jump in on and help solve in this role.
Does taking a brand from one level to the next all while working with awesome people in a supportive environment sound like it’s right up your alley? Great! Keep reading to learn more.
Note: This a full-time, Boston-based role.
- Work with the rest of the Brand & Communications team to ensure that our messaging is consistent and aligned with Wistia's values and voice, adapting and reacting to world events and shifting direction when necessary
- Daily management of all social media platforms and tools—posting, reposting, scheduling, responding to comments, and jumping on social trends and topics
- Build and oversee the social media content calendar and plan optimized content and campaigns that support initiatives across the business—product launches, releasing video series and podcasts, recruiting efforts etc.
- Moderate, listen, and report on feedback and social trends to our team so we can create content—written, video, and audio—that better serves our audiences needs
- Manage our social media budget for boosting content and sponsoring posts, come up with new tests, and share the results of your findings with the team and company
- Community management—daily interaction with our Slack communities, engagement across channels with comments and direct messages, and management of any live event engagement
- Measure the success of our social media marketing efforts by developing actionable KPIs and dashboards for program monitoring, sharing results with the broader team and key stakeholders regularly
- 3-5 years in-house experience managing social media marketing for a business or brand
- Excellent project management and communication skills—you will work with teams across the entire business and will have to juggle many competing priorities and overlapping timelines
- Deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube, including best practices, functionality, user profiles, content creation tools, etc. with an eye to new and emerging platforms (ie. TikTok)
- Experience with video and a solid understanding of video best practices across social media. Ideally, you'll have experience managing assets, coming up with ideas for videos, providing creative briefs to producers, and more.
- Creativity and innovation—you should be looking towards the future of social media, not throwing an old, stale playbook at it—you should be passionate about and nerd-out over all things social
- Analytical thinking and the ability and drive to report on, analyze, and implement change based on data; growth/testing mindset
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page (https://wistia.com/jobs) to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, sowe provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
While we’re all fully remote for the time being, we are excited to get back to a convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.