SEO Specialist (Contract) at edX
* This is a six month contract at approximately 40 hours/week.
As a global education company, edX sees a lot of traffic, but we’re looking to bring more restless learners to our website. Our SEO Specialist will focus on implementing strategies to boost the organic performance of our website, yielding the potential for over thousands more visits to our platform. You’ll be able to analyze this traffic and see your impact immediately.
You’ll report into our SEO Manager, and be part of our Digital Marketing team. The edX Marketing team is home to around 30 people.
- Analyze data patterns using Microsoft Excel. Should be comfortable with VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables, and more
- Implement on-page SEO changes including copy updates, title tags, and meta name descriptions through our CMS
- Add basic code to the website to create internal links
- Track performance with before and after results (e.g. keyword rank changes, enrollment rate improvement, increase in traffic) to share with the Marketing team
- Perform competitive analysis, looking for keyword gaps that could be areas of opportunity for edX
- Manage our course description pages aligned with SEO best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, and an eagerness to learn more about this growing field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUPs, Pivot Tables specifically)
- Experience using: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Screaming Frog, SEMRush,ClearScope, and Ahrefs
- Comfort taking the lead on projects and assignments, and sharing results
- An enthusiastic attitude and an interest in being part of a dynamic team
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience with SEO projects
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.