Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1400 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a super communicator and understand that communications is both an art and a science, and have equal parts affinity for data and good storytelling. You are a mix of right and left-brained, adept at leveraging data to tell stories, crafting compelling narratives for the media, and working effectively with a number of different stakeholders teams to identify and concept innovative ideas.
People would describe you as a natural problem solver with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. While planning is crucial, you are also a pro at bringing that vision to life and anticipating and adjusting for roadblocks; you’ve got a plan a, b, and c. You understand the nuances of how the media works, what they care about, and how to effectively position a brand as a thought leader.
You are an experienced public relations and communications professional with 7+ years in PR or communications, either for a brand team or on the agency side, with a proven ability to address and craft appropriate responses for complex issues. Most of all, you are super energized to work for a fast-growing brand that’s changing the game in the alcohol industry!
What the role is
In this Senior Public Relations Manager role, you will be an integral part of the Brand & Marketing team, responsible for driving strategy and execution for PR and communications at Drizly. You will support the Brand Director in aligning Drizly’s PR efforts with our core business and brand objectives in order to drive tangible results.
You’ll work closely with the internal brand team and our external PR agency, as well as partners across the organization such as Strategic Partnerships, Executive Leadership, and Product. In creating and driving a robust PR plan, you will have the opportunity to directly position Drizly as a thought leader in alcohol and tech and drive compelling consumer coverage to build the brand.
Please note: this role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute PR/communications strategy and annual plans
- Develop storylines and identify creative strategies with the broader team to increase coverage for the Drizly brand
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters, influencers, editors and analysts
- Handle and respond to ongoing inbound/outbound media requests
- Manage communications with and engagements for company spokespeople and executive leadership
- Pull and analyze data, thinking through new ways to continue to bolster Drizly’s position as an inspiring leader in the alcohol category and the go-to shopping for all things alcohol
- Manage cross-functional editorial calendar of announcements, programs, and campaigns
- Coordinate and collaborate with both internal team members and external partners (including leading our PR agency) for various initiatives aligning to our larger PR strategy
- Manage agency partner against annual/quarterly plans and important metrics, finding opportunities to drive future success
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.