Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to inform product development and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. In this high-impact team, you will gain substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term customer and shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Hardware, you will partner closely with the Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, and Customer Success teams to drive go-to-market (GTM) strategies for our suite of hardware products. Toast Hardware includes the purpose built POS terminals, handhelds, kitchen display screens, kiosks, printers, and more that run Toast Software products to help restaurants improve operational efficiency and deliver great guest experiences. You will collaborate on key initiatives relating to buyer personas, product positioning and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research to inform our long term GTM strategies for hardware products, including pricing, packaging, and purchase plans. You will also partner closely with the Hardware Product team to launch new hardware products to the market. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of launching new products and packaging, has strong analytical skills and excels in a hyper-growth environment. If you’re a cross-functional team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Customer Success teams to develop and execute a strategic go-to-market plan that encompasses the entire hardware product lifecycle - from initial purchase, to ongoing warranty coverage and support, to eventual hardware replacement.
- Leverage data to unearth insights into buyer and customer needs and identify market opportunities to inform new marketing and sales strategies for our hardware products.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Develop sales and marketing experiments to test hypotheses and inform GTM strategies; including pricing and packaging recommendations. Using metrics to back-up your suggestions and decisions is a must.
- Develop high impact launch plans for new Hardware products.
- Support Product, Finance, and Customer Success teams with inventory management and Hardware end-of-life initiatives.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, operational roles, finance or strategy consulting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading diverse teams to develop strategic plans and achieve desired goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine complex content into a clear and cohesive story to gain both internal and external buy-in.
- Data-minded with strong analytical capabilities.
- Passionate about developing a deep understanding of customer needs to inform product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with sales and marketing and/or research and development of hardware products.
- Experience in B2B SaaS, Technology, Professional Services, or other ancillary industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, and/or Looker.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.