Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Senior Media Manager to join our team here at CarGurus! As Senior Media Manager, you will lead offline and digital media strategy, planning, buying and execution. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director your focus will be on developing and executing effective and innovative media strategies across a robust mix of channels including, but not limited to, TV, video, display, and social to drive awareness, engagement and response for CarGurus. A successful candidate will possess deep media knowledge, outstanding team building and collaboration skills, strong media and agency management capabilities, and great communication.What You’ll Do:
- Lead media strategy and planning across all brand marketing channels, including TV, video, display, radio and social
- Be a key partner for existing media agencies, using data to formulate integrated media plans across US, CA, & UK markets
- Execute, lead and optimize digital media channels that are run in-house including video, social and display
- Seek, evaluate and test media opportunities and serve as a thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach and connect with our customer.
- Set goals and critical metrics and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans
- Interface directly with networks, affiliates and partners to develop new advertising programs and secure premium media
- Collaborate cross-functionally with performance marketing channel experts, and engineering teams to drive effectiveness
- Monitor competitive activity to identify trends and opportunities and maintain industry best practices and emerging strategies that will keep the brand marketing up to date.
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leadership
- 7+ years relevant professional experience in media strategy, planning, buying and execution
- Experience with TV and Digital channels, including knowledge of media platforms like GMP, TradeDesk, iSpot, Adwords. Please note, this is not an SEM role
- Able to handle strategy and execution
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience buying and handling $25M+ budgets
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams including brand strategy, creative, performance marketing and data science
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.