Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Toast Market Insights and Pricing team is responsible for understanding the restaurant market and competitive landscape and bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform key strategic decision making across the company, with an emphasis on market research. You will be designing, executing and analyzing primary research to help answer our biggest strategic questions. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of uncovering market insights, and thrives in a hyper-growth environment. If you're a data-driven market researcher with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
- Work directly with the Director of Market Insights and senior leaders to develop and directly execute quarterly strategic operational plans that drive growth.
- Become the market expert on the restaurant industry and technology landscape; actively shadow sales teams, interview clients, prospective clients, partners, and industry influencers to drive win/loss analysis.
- Develop and execute quantitative market research surveys and qualitative market studies to the standard of top tier consulting and private equity firms.
- Unearth insights into restaurateurs needs and market opportunities and deliver recommendations to cross-functional team members and executive leadership to influence company strategy and product roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of our competitors - tear down public statements and financials, do interviews, and get the on-the-ground truth.
- Understand market dynamics around price and make recommendations for pricing and commercialization strategies and co-design price tests, evaluate results, and make clear recommendations.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Strong analytical skills and experience with primary market research and data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of syndicated market intelligence sources, market research methodologies, and analytics.
- Bonus skills are knowledge of SQL, Python and/or R.
- Highly collaborative mindset; experience at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator; ability to build strong, compelling storylines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quantitative and qualitative research to move leadership to action.
- Interest and passion for restaurants, tech and hospitality
*Bread puns encouraged but not required