Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. We are looking for a vibrant and energetic public relations and communications leader to play a vital role for SmartBear. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this leader will create a strategic and innovative communications plan to elevate our brand and tell our story as the leading and most admired global provider of software lifecycle and open-source tools.
The Senior Manager of Communications will lead a successful earned media program, fostering close relationships with key journalists, industry influencers, analysts, and customer spokespeople. You will lead an agency, an internal specialist, and organize initiatives across the company to develop spokespeople and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading PR efforts for a B2B software or open-source community, and is able to demonstrate how earned media and brand-building ties to measurable business outcomes.
- Develop a communications plan that includes strategy, thought leadership, and associated metrics and goals
- Oversee our PR agency relationship and a strong internal specialist
- Build and cultivate relationships with key members of the media and press, analysts, and industry influencers
- Manage inbound media inquiries and interview requests
- Write or edit press releases, and oversee the plan and creation of byline articles, influencer blog posts, and occasional conference presentations
- Lead our customer engagement program, developing spokespeople among our customers and providing publicity, speaking, and other opportunities for them
- Lead the company’s participation in industry awards and speaking opportunities working with the agency and others across the organization
- Support our annual user event with a series of external communications
- Oversee our external communications and positioning around our product launches, working closely with product executives and product marketing
- Work with HR to publicize recruiting and company events
- Support our social media efforts to ensure SmartBear is leveraging all its stories across all channels
- Collaborate with our events and demand generation organization for event sponsorship opportunities
- Set targets, key metrics, and present regularly to senior executives progress of earned media, brand-building, share-of-voice, and other key communications metrics
- Communicate internally successes such as media placements and awards and other publicity pieces
- Proven 4-6 year record of PR success at a fast-growing technology company, or at an agency serving B2B software or open-source organizations
- Demonstrated passion for the industry along with a strong background in creative and effective storytelling
- Experience acting as a successful company spokesperson along with ability to develop other spokespeople across an organization
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presenting skills, comfortable presenting to senior executives
- Global experience a plus
- Relationships with business or industry media and analysts a plus
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.