Senior Manager, Brand Marketing Communications
Chewy is looking for a consumer-centric Senior Manager, Brand Marketing Communications to join our Brand Marketing Communications Team, based in Dania Beach, Florida or Boston, Massachusetts. This role would drive strategy, marketing campaign development and GTM execution for Chewy brand campaigns, as well as support key internal and external brand initiatives. With storytelling, strategic insights and data acumen, the ideal candidate will actively shape and express the Chewy brand to drive consumer awareness, preference and loyalty.
What you'll do:
- Lead Chewy internal brand management, overseeing the internal brand evolution across departments, collaborating with Creative Services to maintain and expand brand guidelines, liaising with internal teams to identify and fulfill brand needs (e.g. conference displays, t-shirts) and guiding external vendors on appropriate brand usage (e.g. co-branding).
- Collaborate with category, product and integrated marketing managers to ensure marketing campaigns are consistent with Chewy brand voice, personality and values.
- Contribute to Chewy brand strategy development (vision, mission, values, positioning, architecture)
- Collaborate with Associate Director, Consumer Insights to identify research needs, develop research models and execute projects.
- Leverage market insights, competitive intelligence and deep consumer insights to write comprehensive brand strategy briefs, optimize campaigns, inform future campaigns and develop corporate roadmaps.
- Partner with internal creative services team and/or external agencies on creative strategy, campaign concepting, large and small-scale production, editing, approvals and trafficking.
- Partner with Director, Media Strategy & Planning to determine the right marketing mix and deliver integrated, omnichannel marketing campaign execution.
- Create close collaborative relationships with marketing channel specialists (email, social, digital paid and organic, digital video, TV, OOH, events, sponsorships, partnerships, PR etc).
- Collaborate with Analytics team to establish brand marketing campaign metrics, cross-channel reporting process and templates and share-out to the broader organization
- Develop internal case studies and evangelize best practices in consumer centric, data informed marketing.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of consumer brand management and marketing experience; ideally in a mix of corporate, startup and agency environments
- Experience with establishing and scaling consumer brands (including in retail, CPG or consumer tech) in a variety of context and scenarios
- Strong brand sensibility with demonstrated brand strategy experience (e.g. brand architecture, brand identity work)
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship to build internal culture through brand evangelism
- Deep experience in connecting marketing and creative strategy
- Hands-on experience managing omnichannel campaign development and execution (e.g. campaign/project timelines, budgets, media plans, etc.)
- Fluent in online and offline channel metrics and measurement
- Demonstrated ability to create structure and codify practices, rituals, and process
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization with demonstrated ability to collaborate with various teams across the organization (e.g. Retail, Healthcare, HR, Product) in agile environments.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous self-starter environment
- Ability to influence and gain internal mindshare
- Position may require travel
- Proven track record in the ecommerce space with an emphasis on connecting digital and offline experiences.
- Affinity for pets, animals and the pet owners