Senior Manager, Alliances Product Marketing at VMware
Carbon Black, the Security Business Unit of VMware, is a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection at the center of VMware’s mission to transform the industry with intrinsic security. An important piece of telling this narrative and empowering sales is the value of strategic alliances and integrations in the broader security ecosystem. The Carbon Black team is looking for a dynamic product marketer to work tightly with the Strategic Alliances team and deliver results. We need positioning our sales force can use to confidently demonstrate our differentiation and value in an extremely crowded EPP market. Carbon Black is a fast-paced environment, and we are seeking someone in this role who can be innovative, rally a team, and make amazing things happen.
What You’ll Do
- Thoroughly understand the IT security landscape and Carbon Black’s target audience, including their pain points, buying triggers and purchase process
- Play a key role in the development of go-to-market plans and our narrative in the market
- Work in close partnership with Strategic Alliances, Product Management, and customer-facing teams (Sales, Customer Success) to drive success
- Develop persuasive, differentiated messaging and positioning for Carbon Black products
- Represent the voice of the market during product planning and drive competitive assets for account executives
- Support sales efforts through identification of competitive sales strategies, development of sales tools and assets, and impactful training and enablement
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in B2B software
- Related experience with cybersecurity
- An understanding of buying cycles across mid-market and large enterprises
- Assertive team player and leader with the ability to positively influence to drive deliverables
- Ability to take complex ideas and simplify them in a way that’s accessible
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience developing customer-facing messaging and content
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.