Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As the Sr. Director of Public Relations you will be responsible for driving all of Toast’s earned media, and direct the company’s reputation management to consistently and visibly reflect Toast’s core values and brand to all stakeholders in a way that builds trust and confidence. You’ll do this by building Toast into a leader and champion of the restaurant industry and as one of the most innovative brands in tech.
Creative and results oriented, you will work at all levels of the organization and frequently engage Toast’s senior leadership. You will lead corporate communications activities that align with and closely support the company’s business plan, and tangibly contributes to its long-term success in the competitive environment. You will focus on strengthening Toast’s relationship across media, bringing to life Marketing campaigns, and helping Toast navigate all major announcements.
You are a perfect fit if you love storytelling, can drive alignment with ease, and create a vision for how industries can navigate challenges and scale.
About this roll*
- Grow Toast into a visible advocate for the restaurant industry.
- Build Toast into the leader that is shaping the debate on the restaurant industry by driving alignment between Toast’s company narrative, product launches and media trends.
- Develop key members of Toast’s senior leadership into the spokespeople for the industry by building their social presence, media engagement preparedness, and thought leadership.
- Own Toast’s earned media and crisis communications efforts to drive company visibility and brand affinity by partnering closely with in-house and external agency teams.
- Build strong relationships with top tier media and influencers that drives an outsized share of coverage for Toast on the restaurant and technology landscape.
- Own corporate communications strategy surrounding major announcements, including: major funding moments, product launches, and awards and speaking opportunities.
- Work with Demand Generation and Product Marketing as a critical amplification channel across all Marketing campaigns.
- Manage, motivate and provide the roadmap for Toast’s Public Relations team and supporting agencies.
- Responsible for team KPIs that impact brand awareness; driving greater clarity on measurement strategy and reporting process.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 15+ years experience.
- World class experience in helping high growth SaaS companies navigate private and public markets.
- Excellent media network.
- Strong executive presence and voice.
- Strong written and verbal communication, a storyteller at heart.
- High energy professional who thrives in tackling new challenges and fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment and collaboration across cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Experience hiring, mentoring and growing high performing teams.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required