Senior Director, Customer Marketing and Advocacy at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Director of Customer Marketing and Advocacy to develop and execute our growth strategy through cross-selling to our customer base and creating/executing the vision for Toast’s Community and Advocacy program.
In this pivotal role, reporting to the VP of Customer Marketing, you will develop a strategic vision for how we use data, technology and customer insights to develop a seamless cross-sell motion that presents the Toast Customer with the right product at the right time in the right channel. The Senior Director of Customer Marketing will also partner with Product Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and other teams to launch new products and features to our existing customer base. Finally, in this role, you will be responsible for maximizing the impact of advocacy from Toast customers by telling their stories and driving word-of-mouth referrals. You will be responsible for developing new strategies for engaging our existing customer base.
About this roll*:
- Work with Toast’s Customer Success and Sales teams to design and lead the development of high throughput multi-channel upsell and cross-sell motions that present Toast customers with the right next product(s)
- Proactively engage and educate customers so that they fully understand the value of their current Toast product(s)
- Build Toast’s advocacy marketing strategy to build a community of fanatic brand advocates that result in increased referrals, case studies, testimonials, reviews, etc.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to execute proactive multi-channel programs to ensure customers are aware of new products, features, and capabilities as we grow and enhance our product suite
- As we launch new products you/your team will refine the channel mix, targeting and creative based on new product tests and customer feedback
- Own and drive forward Toast customer case study program and production
- Partner with the PMM, Research and Customer Success team to clearly define our existing Customer segments and personas and ensure this is embedded in all Customer touchpoints to ensure Customers feel like we know them
- Partner cross-functionally to execute pricing, product bundling, and other tests to drive revenue and reduce churn.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years of SaaS marketing experience
- Experience working with SMBs is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive retention and revenue growth goals
- Experience in marketing automation and personalization
- Experience building consensus cross-functionally and influencing others to drive alignment to deliver results
- Hyper focused on using data to refine future strategies to optimize customer engagement and revenue
- Highly collaborative with demonstrated experience partnering and driving projects cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- BA/BS, MBA or another advanced degree highly preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required