Senior Director, Communications at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is searching for an accomplished, high energy and results-driven Senior Director of Communications. This highly visible role is the face and voice of our product portfolio globally and the primary advocate to the market. We are seeking an experienced leader and marketing executive who understands B2B Cloud software to drive go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning across all of our products. This role will maintain and build out a comprehensive thought leadership plan, including a public relations and analyst relations strategy, as well as incorporating content and social media strategies that will deliver breakthrough results. We are a high growth company that recruits only the best talent. We promote a culture that is committed to awesome, embraces innovation, and thrives on teamwork. If you embrace these values as well this is your opportunity to join our winning team.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual will help lead in the development of market positioning, speaking and award opportunities, public relations and analyst relations strategy, thought leadership recommendations around content and social media, and sales enablement around Acquia’s global product portfolio. In this role, you also manage a team of high growth and potential team members that drive speaking and awards opportunities, customer qualification and advocacy, , executive presentations at corporate conferences and events, media opportunities, engaging with industry analysts, and other communications activities. You will work collaboratively with executive leadership, product management, marketing, sales leadership, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Oversee analyst relations and the management of Acquia’s analyst relations senior manager - including defining our strategy, and planning analyst strategy sessions, while working with Product Marketing to educate analysts on Acquia products through regular briefings, lead responses to key research reports such as Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves,and gain key insight into key market trends that inform product direction through inquiries.
- Will lead the Customer Marketing and Advocacy team. The team reports to the Sr Dir of Communications and is responsible for driving customer programs, working closely with the demand generation team.
- Give feedback on product messaging and positioning across Acquia’s product portfolio that will create differentiation publicly in a rapidly evolving market, and enable Acquia to lead the industry conversation as the cutting edge visionary in the space.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop content, press releases and media strategy to generate interest forAcquia’s products, executives and partners.
- Manage and lead marketing and communications for acquisitions and integrations of any Acquia bought companies.
- Work with the content marketing and social teams to deliver compelling thought leadership,assets and differentiators to support the broader through leadership strategy.
- Partner with HR and others to manage select internal communications initiatives including the CMO newsletter, weekly news updates, blog posts, executive communications, etc.
- Help brainstorm and maintain compelling content and ideas for the founder’s blog.
- Be the go-to resource for crisis communications across the organization, defining and maintaining a strategy.
- Manage executive presentations with team members to instill thought leadership, market trending ideas, and impactful messages that will help executives stand out at Acquia owned conferences.
- Have the ability to think outside of the box and test and generate ideas that will allow Acquia, its customers and partners to stand out in the media and analyst community.
- Manage and coordinate the global PR strategy to make sure messages and strategy are succinct throughout all regions, including 4-5 external agencies or PR teams.
- Create and maintain the overall PR/AR measurement strategy to track the effectiveness of programs.
- Future potential for up to 25% domestic and international travel
- 8-10+ years of experience as a senior leader in public relations in a B2B software environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- Integrated marketing expertise a plus.
- Successful track record managing people.
- Understands the power of open source communities and how they can impact the public perception of a business they are closely tied with such as Acquia
- Consulting or account management experience required. Must bring knowledge and appreciation of customer experience, digital experience, martech or open source.
- Understands how to pivot quickly and maneuver through executives to get things accomplished
- A deep understanding of enterprise software marketing and 5+ years experience with products in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment.
- Has a mix of business and technical skills and is able to speak comfortably to any audience.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and public speaker
- A passion for the digital experience platform and CMS market with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for web software products, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- A creative innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit. Ideally you’ve worked with disruptive technologies.
- Leadership: You’re able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed against aggressive goals. You’re a proven manager and leader that knows how to manage, coach, grow and motivate team members.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- World-class communicator and thought leader: You’re passionate about evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, and discussing core value propositions to both business and technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are PR, AR and communications expert - the go to resource for executives and key internal teams including sales, marketing and products for your deep understanding of the media and analyst landscape.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.