Senior Communications Manager
Job Title: Senior Communications Manager
Department & Organization: Marketing
Level: Senior Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Manager to drive Acquia’s corporate and executive communications. This is a critical role in which you’ll provide support, content and counsel for the executive team and help tell us our story across a wide range of tactical communications programs including PR, media relations, internal communications, and at our marquee events, including our annual customer conference, Engage.
Through your research, writing and copy editing, you’ll help communicate Acquia’s value proposition in white papers, executive presentations and speeches, internal communications, video and online communications, and other related media.
You’ll join the PR team and drive many of the company’s strategic plans, helping respond to media inquiries, creating coverage opportunities, building connections with influencers and more. You’ll own and oversee the narrative for our thought leadership programs, and manage executive engagement in speaking opportunities, media briefings, social engagement, and more.
- Public Relations: Work with internal and external stakeholders to refine corporate messaging and write press releases that highlight new products and company achievements.
- Executive Thought Leadership: CMO & CEO exec copywriting, speaking messaging, awareness, and thought leadership
- Content & Communications: Write bylines and case studies that spotlight Acquia’s products and customer success stories. Content curator and editor of CMO newsletter.
- Events: Extend corporate presence by crafting proposals for key Acquia thought leaders and customers to present at business, tech, marketing, and industry-specific conferences.
- Awards: Manage corporate awards program to secure external recognition on local and national level.
- Go-to for internal communications and crisis communications writing and execution
- Work with Digital and Brand owners on Acquia brand strategy, message, and vision. Keep corporate deck, messaging guides, boilerplate and related brand messaging assets up to date and available via Docurated
- Head copywriter on all branding initiatives: web copy, white papers, event material
- Develop bolder messaging to drive c-suite visibility for Acquia
- Internal communications
- Manage corporate events narrative and mainstage story
Subject Matter Expertise
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge relevant to one’s own function or work group. Applies current best practices in discipline or specialty
- Stays aware of major developments in discipline or specialty area.
- Recognized by customers and team members for functional knowledge and skills.
Agility and Innovation for Continuous Improvement & Optimization
- Seeks ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done.
- Accepts and drives new ways of doing things to gain better outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, which is crucial in a high performing organization
- The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, and decision-making
- Demonstrate a full understanding of customer needs and expectations to enable the effective delivery and development of appropriate quality services/messages which meet customer expectations
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.