Senior Brand Marketing Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a consumer-centric Senior Manager to join our Brand Marketing Communications Team, based in Boston, MA. This role would drive strategy, positioning, marketing campaign development and ongoing management for Chewy brands and new sub-brands. The position would also support key internal and external brand initiatives. With storytelling, strategic insights and data acumen, the ideal candidate will actively shape and express the Chewy brands to drive consumer awareness, purchase and loyalty.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a lead role in Chewy masterbrand and sub-brand development and management, as applicable, including positioning, architecture, visual identity, key art, brand design assets and execution, ensuring connectivity between the Chewy Masterbrand and sub-brands while guiding and supporting internal marketing partners in strategy and execution.
- Oversee internal brand evolution across departments, collaborating with Creative Services to roll out as well as influence, maintain and expand brand guidelines
- Liaise with internal teams to identify, shape and fulfill brand needs (e.g. signage, merchandise, collateral) and guide external vendors on appropriate brand usage (e.g. co-branding).
- Leverage market insights, competitive intelligence and deep consumer insights to write comprehensive brand strategy briefs, optimize campaigns, inform future campaigns and develop corporate roadmaps.
- Play a lead role in Chewy brand strategy development (e.g. positioning, architecture, visual identity), go-to-market planning and execution (creative, media, production, reporting).
- Lead cross-functional teams in brand campaign development and activation.
- Collaborate closely with AD, Brand Marketing and Manager, Brand Marketing to plan, execute and track brand marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights to identify research needs, develop research models and execute projects.
- Partner with internal creative services team and/or external agencies on brand campaign creative strategy, campaign concepting, production, editing, approvals and trafficking as required.
- Partner with Integrated and Performance Marketing teams to determine the right marketing mix and deliver integrated, omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Create close relationships with internal category, product and marketing channel leads (email, social, digital paid and organic, TV, partnerships & influencers, PR etc.) to execute and track coordinated, consistent, cross-channel marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with category, product and Integrated Marketing Campaign managers to ensure marketing campaigns are consistent with Chewy brand voice, personality and values.
- Collaborate with Analytics team to establish brand marketing campaign metrics, cross-channel reporting process and templates and share-out to the broader organization
- Track and develop actionable insights for omni-campaign campaigns
- Develop internal case studies and evangelize best practices in consumer-centric, data informed marketing.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of consumer brand management and marketing experience; ideally including a mix of agency and either large corporate or startup environments
- Data-driven self-starter with demonstrated experienced navigating through ambiguity in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Brand expertise with demonstrated brand strategy experience (e.g. brand architecture, brand identity work)
- Experience with establishing and scaling consumer brands (including in retail, health, CPG or consumer tech) in a variety of context and scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and mentorship to build internal culture through brand evangelism
- Diplomacy and strong business acumen with proven experience influencing others and gaining internal mind share
- Deep experience in connecting marketing and creative strategy
- Hands-on experience managing omnichannel campaign development and execution (e.g. campaign/project timelines, budgets, media plans, etc.)
- Fluent in online and offline channel metrics and measurement
- Comfort and demonstrated experience with public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to create structure and codify practices, rituals, and process
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization with demonstrated ability to collaborate with various teams across the organization (e.g. Retail, Healthcare, HR, Product) in agile environments
- Position may require some travel
- Proven track record in the ecommerce space with an emphasis on connecting digital and offline experiences.
- Pet industry experience and/or affinity for pets/animals
- (Agency) account management and strategy experience
- Design experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]