Senior Brand Manager, UK/Canada at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:58 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The Senior Brand Manager, UK/Canada will lead a team in the expansion of a diverse portfolio of brands into new United Kingdom and Canada e-commerce marketplaces with potential to generate $10mm - $50+mm in revenue. The SBM, UK/Canada will work closely with International teams and internal Thrasio cross-functional teams to help lead and coordinate efforts in launching, establishing and scaling the company’s presence on leading e-commerce marketplaces throughout those regions.
- Partner with internal teams to develop a go-to-market strategy and facilitate successful, impactful product launches and marketplace expansion.
- Coordinate with internal teams to connect Thrasio to new marketplaces whether it’s supply chain logistics, financial reporting, tax implications, legal setup, tech connections & support, and creative and marketing support.
- Build and oversee a team of 2-4 brand managers who are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of launching and keeping a product listing successful in these marketplaces; this includes monitoring best seller tags, metrics shifts, inventory, conducting competitive analysis, reviewing maintenance strategies and more.
- Analyze sales data (sales, conversation rate, sessions, etc.) to determine why certain products are trending up or down and develop strategies to quickly spot and fix low margin and low growth products
- Utilize data to assess facets of the product (size of package, cost of ads, reviews etc.) and determine if there is room for optimization and increased EBITDA margin.
- Coordinate with our supply chain team to ensure products are always in stock, premium quality, have updated packaging, and have all appropriate required certifications.
- Coordinate with our Customer Obsession Manager and overseas customer service team to ensure we are providing a world class customer experience for your products.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 7+ years of experience in a heavily analytical role where you were responsible for a P&L, funnel optimization, analytics, and marketing. (e.g. GM of a business unit, founder of an amazon business, product owner).
- 4+ years of e-commerce experience managing a portfolio of products, preferably on Amazon or similar e-commerce marketplaces.
- UK/Canada marketplace is preferred.
- Deep understanding of the intricacies associated with project managing growth initiatives across multiple teams, and how to work cross functionally to get a product across the finish line (e.g. you’ve worked with legal and supply chain to ensure certifications are properly labeled on products)
- Experience as a P&L owner where you have been responsible for budgets, driving revenue and EBITDA growth. You understand how to use data to drive decision-making.
- People Management experience, have managed teams of at least 4 in a past role.
- Superb time management skills - can meet deadlines and manage multiple projects despite daily "fire drills" and changing priorities.
- Experience streamlining business processes and communication amongst teams to maximize efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging content, come up with creative ideas, and think outside the box.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.