Senior Associate, Email Marketing Operations at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Senior Associate, Email Marketing Operations to join us at CarGurus on our Consumer Marketing team! This role will be responsible for generating results on our email marketing and retention efforts to consumers. This position will report directly to the Director of Consumer Retention and will have significant cross-functional interaction with creative (copywriting and design), analytics, product, email development, and external email vendors.What You’ll Do:
- Develop strategies driven by data that are designed to nurture and further engage existing users that will lead to repeat visits and connections and long-term retention with the brand
- Build, execute, and optimize marketing automation campaigns across the user lifecycle, with a focus on email and mobile marketing
- Lead all aspects of the daily execution, optimization, and analysis of email marketing products
- Coordinate the complete email production process including QA, partner approval, scheduling, and deployment of all one-time, automated, and triggered email campaigns
- Prepare comprehensive project briefs and a messaging framework to communicate campaign objectives and collaborate with our internal creative team on producing assets that deliver campaign messaging in a clear and effective way
- Monitor and delivers daily, weekly, and monthly metric reporting on email & app initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Creative, Product, Engineering, Legal, Data Integrity and the Analytics teams to efficiently deploy all emails
- Analyze results and finds opportunities for testing and optimization
- Run A/B tests, track, share, and apply findings to future emails to improve conversion
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to implement product enhancements that will improve customer experience across platforms (web, mobile, app) and improve marketing ecosystem
- Examine email strategies of key competitors and other brands outside of the industry to understand trends
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience
- Analytically oriented with a bias towards using data
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Iterable, Responsys, SFMC, IBM, Epsilon, Adobe, or other first-tier enterprise ESP a plus
- Knowledge of major ISPs and email best practices
- Ability to report out clearly and succinctly on results of an email send/email test
- Ability to understand and make simple changes to HTML code
- Collaborative and team based, ability to work across departments
- Ability to handle opposing priorities with tight deadlines and work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong program management skills with high attention to detail, while being fearless and creative when working on new email concepts to help us move/test quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.