SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. We are looking for a B2B marketing expert to play a vital management role on our marketing team.
We are seeking an experienced SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Manager who will be responsible for managing and implementing on-the-page and off-the-page SEO strategies for our various websites, while also providing SEO guidance to marketing partners and agencies. The SEO Manager should have a combination of technical, content and analytical skills in order to increase organic search volume, visits and demand. The SEO Manager will partner with internal stakeholders and external agencies to develop, execute, monitor, analyze and continually improve all facets of our search initiatives while keeping the larger business goals in mind. This role will draw actionable conclusions from internal and external sources that can be measured and reported on, and will work under the direction of the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing.
It’s an exciting time to be a SmartBear. We are the market leader in technology for Software Test Automation and have fast growing products across the DevOps lifecycle. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building tools for teams to plan, build, test and monitor software—and having fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning SmartBear team—our future looks bright, and so will yours.
- Consistently monitor performance and business metrics to understand organic search performance both site-wide and by business area and sales segment
- Understand and asses each business area’s needs as related to Search, and advise on how to best employ specific search engine optimization techniques while balancing overall holistic SEO
- Identify site-wide growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, website functionality & usability, and technical SEO
- Work closely with our product marketing, demand generation and web and creative teams to deploy SEO strategy and tactics
- Work with agency of record to provide monthly reporting and SEO health checks, and be able to develop actionable insights from the data
- Partner with and manage relationships with external vendors
- Monitor daily performance metrics of organic search, optimization efforts and quickly respond to deviations
- Recommend and integrate the latest search engine optimization techniques
- Perform competitive analysis
- Help manage our Google Tag Manager property in order to measure SEO performance (absence of tracking)
- Prepare and communicate regular and ad hoc reporting on SEO performance and its impact on business metrics
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience
- You are a passionate search marketer who is knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry
- You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives
- You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale
- You are results driven and have strong business acumen
- Experience working with various SEO tools – Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Moz, Screaming Frog, Searchmetrics, etc.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CMS (Content Management System) tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.