Public Relations Senior Specialist at Workhuman
Are you looking for the type of company that is not only a great workplace but also in the business of creating great workplaces around the world? Do you want to help drive success for a fast-growing company that positively impacts the lives of millions of people around the world?
We’re expanding our amazing corporate communications team with the role of a Public Relations Specialist. Reporting into the Global PR Manager, this person will be based in our Framingham, Massachusetts office and help us drive the conversation about the future of work and expand our category leadership through media relations and thought leadership efforts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a public relations professional with a growth mindset who actively seeks opportunities to expand their skills, thinking, professional acumen, and their career. The person in this role is passionate about PR and has an eagerness to jump in and help however they can. If you’re someone that rolls up their sleeves to get things done, delivers high-quality results, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, this will be a great fit for you.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Create strong positioning for Workhuman, its executives and its product suite through various tactics, including media relations, speaking opportunities, events and awards
- Extrapolate key trends from Workhuman's internal data lake to create compelling stories and/or supporting data points for media stories
- Help identify unique story angles to pitch to the media that align with the company’s business. Think with a journalist lens to really drive the media agenda and create relationships, both internally and externally, that position Workhuman as the go-to expert
- Champion new pitch and message ideas to help elevate our PR on a global scale, bringing new ideas and approaches that to accelerate our brand awareness
- Develop, write, and edit PR materials, including press releases, bylines, media Q&As, briefing notes, speaking abstracts, award submissions and executive bios as appropriate
- Work with PR agencies to ensure results are achieved, measured, socialized across the business and drive results
- Coordinate PR needs across the business to ensure external program accurately represents desires of all functions
Data and reporting:
- Ability to translate raw data into headlines that will capture the attention of reporters and key stakeholders
- Ownership of monthly and quarter reporting
Awards and speaking:
Own global awards program.
- Ensure all regions have a completed calendar of upcoming opportunities
- Own creation of entries and manage all follow up
Coordinate speaking program
- Work with internal speaker bureau to ensure all our spokespeople have speaking representation
- Research and identify new speaking opportunities for all spokespeople
- Submit entries and follow up with all deadlines to ensure speaking opps are covered
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years in media relations or journalism
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Must have nose for news
- An exceptional communicator and writer who is highly organized, agile, and capable of managing a large volume of competing priorities and demands in a fast- paced environment
- Strong writing and verbal skills – with the ability to create a wide range of materials, including press releases, bylines, and executive presentations
- Strong analytical skills – with the ability to translate “soft results” into hard numbers that can be shared with leadership teams
- Top notch collaborative skills, with the ability to work with many people at once and be open to new ideas, suggestions, and “in it to win it” together mentality
- Willing to travel to industry events (as appropriate)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Did you know:
- We are #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2019 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe
- Workhuman® is used by 4.5 million employees across 160 countries
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Workhuman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We proudly provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Workhuman are based on solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Workhuman believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.