Public Relations Associate at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Public Relations and Communications teams is looking for an accountable and creative Public Relations Associate that is passionate about telling stories, writing content and digging through data to generate results! Reporting to our Public Relations Director, this role will work with both CarGurus US and International communications programs and will hone their already sharp media relations skills while improving their strategic approach to public relations.
This is an exciting role as the PR and Communications team here at CarGurus is responsible for telling our story to a variety of audiences such as car shoppers, dealerships, partners and many others, and we do so in true CarGurus fashion through collaborating across the entire company.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively pursue and engage in media relations to drive CarGurus US communications program
- Collaborate with PR Director in managing CarGurus communications program in Canada
- Create and edit content such as press releases, bylines, media pitches and research briefs
- Proactively analyze and update CarGurus’ media landscape
- Manage PR team’s internal processes and reporting and company-wide internal communications infrastructure
- Prepare media briefing materials for company spokespeople
- Assist in writing industry award and speaking submissions
- Using PR analytics software, assist with coverage monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Update key internal executives and stakeholders on relevant industry and competitor news
- Work across several teams such as consumer marketing, B2B marketing, product, sales, HR, and engineering
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or a related field is required
- 2-4 years of PR/marketing experience, either in-house or at an agency and most importantly, can speak to results from that experience.
- Has experience working with media and influencers, including pitch creation and execution
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to consistently meets deadlines
- Able to prioritize several PR and marketing campaigns
- A background and/or a strong interest in technology, automotive, and/or consumer communications
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.