Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Hometap is looking for a seasoned product marketer to own the value proposition, positioning, and go-to-market plans for Hometap’s home equity investment products and value-added services. You’ll play a critical role in bridging the technical and business worlds to identify new product opportunities and experiences throughout the sales cycle that delight our users and drive conversions. This is a highly cross-functional role, collaborating within our Marketing team and with key stakeholders across the organization, including Financial Product, Product Management, Data Science, Design, Sales, Legal, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone with a product marketing background and experience working for a consumer finance business. The individual must have strong communication and organization skills, the ability to work cross-functionally and leverage teams across the business to implement strategic initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct market research and competitive assessments - including surveys, interviews, and A/B tests - surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to help define and refine our homeowner personas, inform product direction, ensure product-market fit, and strengthen go-to-market plans
- Identify consumer insights around life events and triggers for changing homeowner needs. Use these insights to identify new product/services opportunities, inform pricing and positioning, create a compelling narrative, and shape the customer journey
- Become Hometap’s subject matter expert on the home equity financing market, target personas/segments, homeowner needs/use cases, and competitors to support product differentiation
- Create, test, and iterate on our value proposition and positioning – partner with our in-house Copywriter to deliver product messaging that differentiates our products/services and resonates with targeted market segments and across channels
- Support Financial Product team in developing and testing new innovated solutions for homeowners; develop homeowner-facing communication strategy for pricing and underwriting updates
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team to create sales enablement and product marketing content such as sales presentations, product sheets, videos, training tools, website content, white papers, objection handling, FAQs and case studies
- Partner with the Growth Marketing team and our in-house Creative team on creating campaigns that boost brand awareness and drive demand for new and existing products and services
- Partner with our Product Management Team to identify and define opportunities to expand and improve our homeowner experience based on a strong understanding of homeowner pain points and motivations
- Support the Product team in the rollout of new software functionality, including coordinating A/B tests, crafting messaging to convey the value of a given feature or release, and building awareness with internal and external stakeholders of changes to our technology
- Collaborate with Product teams to systematically collect product & pricing feedback, and propose ideas for evolving our product/service offerings
- Understand the multiple players in the ecosystem (including homeowners, regulators, media, investors, partners, etc.) and advocate to ensure that our messaging/positioning is contextually relevant
What You Bring to the Table:
- Ability to work at the strategic level (e.g. generating innovative ideas and new use cases for growth) and at the tactical level (e.g. product messaging and sales enablement)
- A strong ownership mindset and focus on delivering results
- Ability to break down complex concepts so that they’re clear and easy to understand
- Ability to build mindshare across the organization in order to develop products that meet homeowner needs
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to balance both short-term and long-term objectives
- Positive relationship building capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally
- A positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong data proficiency, including confidence manipulating raw datasets
- Competency in survey design and test plan development
- Comfort with an experimental, iterative approach to execution
Experience We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA and related work experience required, MBA a plus (or equivalent experience)
- Deep experience in product marketing, preferably with 2 or more years in consumer finance or real estate finance
- Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Demonstrable experience in market research, messaging, positioning, branding, persona creation, creative development and campaign management
- Excellent communicator with very strong presentation skills
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.