Product Marketing Manager
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager (Cloud)
Department & Organization: Marketing
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a product marketing manager with technology marketing experience to create and manage the go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning, and storytelling for Acquia’s Drupal hosting solutions. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of product messaging, market positioning, competitive analysis, thought leadership, and sales enablement. In this role, we are looking for a strong evangelist for Acquia Cloud and Site Factory solutions in the form of speaking opportunities, high-profile customer meetings, presentations at corporate conferences and events, media opportunities, and other communications activities. This individual will need to work collaboratively with marketing, product management, product owners, sales leadership and channels, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Develop product positioning, messaging, and collateral assets for Acquia’s Cloud and Site Factory solutions that will create differentiation in a rapidly evolving market.
- Identify target personas, industries, and accounts, while developing content to support the sales cycle. Develop competitive analysis reports to support overall GTM.
- Work directly with the head of Product Marketing, the product marketing team, and the corporate marketing team to help plan and execute annual and quarterly GTM process and demand generation plans.
- Lead and create sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the product vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive and effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the product management team to make sure we continue to deliver high impact products and launches that meet the demands of the market. Translate product capabilities into features, benefits, and value propositions for customers.
- Support Acquia sales and field teams through direct sales support.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop a content for media/PR programs to generate interest in Acquia’s product portfolio. Work with the teams to deliver compelling assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, email, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 25% domestic and international travel required.
- An understanding of enterprise cloud technology and their value. Preferred experience with Drupal, application hosting, and application development technologies
- 3-5 years experience in product marketing for SaaS software products.
- Successful track record creating product marketing plans, solution collateral, and participation in sales enablement.
- A passion for the martech space with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for marketing software products, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and proven public speaker to prospects/customers and internal executives at conferences, trade shows, webinars, and company meetings.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the product marketing team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller: You’re passionate about evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, and discussing core value propositions to both business and technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, and competitive expert - the go to resource for executives and key internal teams including sales, marketing and products for your deep understanding of the product portfolio and advice.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, especially SaaS metrics, usage patterns, lead conversions, and pipeline analysis. Dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.