Product Marketing Manager, Guest at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value.
Now guests expect their restaurant experience to be frictionless, convenient, and safe - whether that be in store or online. In this role, you will help inform the go-to-market strategy for Guest, a dynamic, high-growth pillar within Toast that empowers restaurants to deepen the guest connection and accelerate their business through products like online ordering, email marketing, loyalty, gift cards, and more! You will collaborate closely across sales, product, and marketing on key initiatives related to product launches, positioning and messaging, sales enablement, and competitive intelligence.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner directly with Product Managers and the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Guest to develop GTM strategies & lead execution of product launches
- Develop & continue to ‘up our game’ on unified Guest product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging that differentiates us vs. other market solutions
- Partner with Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence to conduct research and analysis on our competitors’ product and GTM strategy to influence strategic decisions across product, product marketing, sales, and more
- Partner with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer / training, sales collateral, value-based talk tracks, etc.
- Stay close to the data and the customer: conduct win / loss interviews, dig into the Guest funnel, and shadow sales calls to ladder up insights & recommendations to Guest leadership team
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in a highly collaborative environment that can span product marketing, product management, brand management, or strategy consulting.
- Can autonomously lead projects, while eager to learn and grow your skillset, scope and experience.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with primary market research, data analysis and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to build strong, compelling story lines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quant and qual research to move leadership to action.
- Strong EQ - ability to empathize with our customers, their guests, and fellow Toasters in these highly uncertain times - with an eye for the ‘bigger picture’
Special Sauce (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Experience with Salesforce and Looker preferred, but not required
- Hospitality industry experience [and / or passion for eating at restaurants] is a plus.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required