Product Marketing Manager - Emerging Products
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.
Enough about us... Let's talk about you!
Rapid7’s Product Marketing team is responsible for leading go-to-market strategy and execution for our portfolio of products and services. This specific role will focus on leading cross-functional teams through the process of developing a go-to-market strategy for a product currently in beta release. Your role will include the execution and analysis of experimentation to determine effective positioning, packaging, and distribution channels for this new product. Upon the successful development of a go-to-market plan, you will be responsible for serving as the cross-functional leader, partnering across Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance, IT, Customer Success, and Support teams to bring your solution to market and drive recurring revenue for the business.
- Work with teams across the organization to research, plan and implement go-to-market tactics that drive demand, customer adoption, and revenue.
- Lead and take accountability for business results.
- Be an evangelist and spokesperson for your solution, communicating and educating internal and external stakeholders (customers, channel partners, press, industry analysts).
- Develop and help refine marketing content including sales collateral, thought-leadership presentations, speaking engagement abstracts, website content, videos, blogs, press releases, by-lined articles, webcasts, whitepapers and more.
- Position our sales channels to win through effective sales enablement initiatives (and participate in sales calls when needed).
- Represent and influence go-to-market activities in product strategy discussions.
- Know our customers, their pain points and their success stories. Drive customer fluency throughout the organization.
- Thoroughly understand and stay abreast of the customer and competitive landscape, Rapid7’s products, and industry news to best influence our marketing strategy.
- Champion the effort to continuously experiment with different go-to-market strategies, applying learnings along the way.
- 5+ years product marketing experience.
- B2B marketing experience within the technology industry
- Experience with marketing and selling SaaS products through e-commerce
- Outstanding verbal communications and skilled in creating content and delivering presentations to support sales and marketing initiatives.
- Strong writer and collaborator who understands how to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into business value for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders, and to get products/features launched on-time.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels, departments, and geographically dispersed office locations.
- Available for occasional travel to industry conferences and events.