Media and Communications General Manager at DataRobot
Summary of Role
DataRobot is seeking an experienced Media and Communications professional to lead our Media and Communications practice as Media and Communications General Manager (GM). The GM is responsible for developing and executing on the worldwide go-to-market strategy for DataRobot in Media and Communications including sales, marketing, partners, and product. The GM will have an executive-level grasp of trends, business drivers, and priorities in Telecommunications combined with a viewpoint on the potential for machine learning to transform the industry.
DataRobot is one of the hottest AI start-ups in the world and Media and Communications has unlimited potential to take advantage of machine learning to transform their business. DataRobot is defining a category called automated machine learning and has already raised more than $225M from the likes of NEA, Intel Ventures and New York Life to fuel its expansive ambitions.
- Develop comprehensive overall go-to-market strategy for DataRobot in Media and Communications.
- Work with Sales to implement a successful sales plan that exceeds revenue targets.
- Engage with Product to define and advocate for critical industry requirements.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop a vertical specific marketing plan.
- Interact closely with industry customers to understand needs and drive adoption.
- Leverage relationships and contacts in the industry to enhance sales and marketing efforts.
- Establish DataRobot as a thought leader in the space through speaking engagements, interviews, writing, and other related means.
- 10+ years of experience working in the Media and Communications domain, with 5+ years in a leadership role in a line of business, internal department, analytics team, or consulting practice.
- Deep understanding of Media and Communications market/ products/ functions and an ability to be a thought leader in the space.
- Familiar with machine learning and data science and understand the key applications and use cases in Media and Communications
- Hands-on data science expertise is a plus.
- Industry eminence: solid industry contacts, network, and meaningful relationships with many Media and Communications professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willingness to present at events and write industry related content in support of building the practice.
- Located in a key market for Media and Communications with an ability to travel 50%+.
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.