Forward Financing is the fastest-growing Fintech company in Massachusetts, as recognized by Inc. Magazine, Boston Business Journal, and Deloitte. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience – with everyone’s long-term success in mind. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented marketing specialist to join our fast-growing team in Boston!
The Marketing Specialist will implement and operate our marketing technology software in order to develop, execute, and monitor campaigns. The Marketing Specialist will deliver these campaigns using tools such as HubSpot, MailChimp, Wistia, WordPress, SurveyMonkey. You should have direct hands-on experience using several of these tools, or ones that are substantially similar.
The primary responsibility of the role is to leverage technology in order to support our marketing goals. The ideal candidate will also have a desire to develop skills in the broader field of marketing, such as: Messaging, Positioning, Segmentation, Content, Optimization. As you develop in the role and stabilize our marketing platforms, you will have increasing opportunities to learn from a high performing marketing team and to contribute in a wider range of ways.
In this role you will:
- Implement, integrate, operate, and optimize several mission-critical marketing technology platforms
- Develop, execute, monitor, review, and report on marketing campaigns
- Ensure that the delivery of these campaigns is of the highest quality
- Conduct A/B tests in order to continuously improve and optimize our marketing and messages
- Adopt a customer’s perspective and apply that filter to everything we do
- Develop a broader and deeper marketing skillset
- Participate in the rapid growth of a leading (and profitable) fintech company
- Be one of the first several marketing hires and grow along with that team
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Technically Proficient: Understands marketing technology tools, and how to implement, operate, troubleshoot, and optimize them
- Attention to Detail: Gets 'into the weeds' and doesn't miss a step, a detail, a typo, or a potential 'gotcha'
- Structured, Analytical Thinking: Takes a logical and regimented approach to problem solving, communicating, and getting things done.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Work history at a top-tier, digital marketing driven company
- Hand-on experience implementing and operating marketing technology in support of email marketing, content delivery, inbound funnel management, and measurement / optimization.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with our team of small business financing experts, we deliver same-day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, we have provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.