Marketing Specialist, Demand Generation (Contract to Hire) at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the role
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our campaign team within our demand gen team at Drift. In this role, you will be leading the charge on running webinars -- soup to nuts! The right candidate has strong writing, communication and project management skills, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment across a large team.
We are a fast-moving team with lofty goals so we need someone who is willing to come in to own and orchestrate our webinar strategy and integrate this strategy into our campaigns to make an impact and drive demand.
You should be a data-driven marketer who thrives on trying new things, moving quickly, failing and applying learnings to improve and drive results. You will also be responsible for continuously testing copy, adjusting, and reporting back on the success of your webinar offers. To be successful in this role, you have to be exceptionally detail-oriented, a team player and an excellent written and verbal communicator. You’re willing to work with partners and have no problem communicating to external - and senior - audiences.
This is a 6 month contract-to-hire role, with strong likelihood to convert successful hire into a full-time position.
What you’ll be doing on the team
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute webinar programs that align to our campaigns across the customer journey all the way from lead acquisition to pipeline generation.
- Manage and plan an annual webinar calendar
- Leverage and coordinate key channels such as digital advertising, social, email, third party promotions, and more
- Create campaign promotion content, such as copywriting for landing pages, email promotions, Drift bots, social channels, and marketing partners.
- Lead project management of your programs from timeline management to campaign execution, including any troubleshooting and reporting
- Orchestrate with the team to ensure planning and process are aligned across content, creative, product marketing, and other disciplines
- Identify influential speakers within the marketing and sales ecosystem and develop relationships with these subject matter experts.
- Support and execute ABM programs as part of your campaigns
- Ensure creative excellence, cohesiveness, and quality across campaigns
- Work with marketing operations to ensure you’re reporting and forecasting accurately
- Study what other vendors in the martech landscape are doing around education and value-driven offers in order to ensure our programs are ahead of the curve in both innovation and value.
- Innovate and reinvent the webinar experience within our space, we don’t want to just do what other vendors are doing within our landscape, we want to lead the way on what other vendors SHOULD be doing within our landscape.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Planning and managing webinar programs, from ideation to execution, including sourcing key partners to work with, drafting copy, setting up landing pages, working on slides, running the webinar day-of, and thinking of new ways to promote them across all channels
- Write and schedule all promotional content, both email and social, to drive webinar registrations
- Drive pipeline and high return from our webinars whether owned, partner or 3rd party sponsorships.
- Supporting account-based marketing initiatives and leverage your channels to treat our white-glove ABM audience differently.
- Guide creative team on the development of required assets.
- Source partners and external parties that fit into our campaign programs and will generate demand.
- Working in tandem with our business operations and marketing operations teams, maniacally analyze campaign results in detail, draw insights, and make data-based adjustments to improve performance and key learnings.
- Manage a marketing budget in support of your webinars that has a high ROI and can scale as we growth the business.
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future.
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product.
- Spend time getting to know our buyer personas and the value they expect to receive from Drift.
- Work with the Head of ABM and Campaigns to establish your goals and priorities for the quarter, along with detailing a comprehensive webinar strategy.
- Communicate your strategy across the entire marketing team in order to provide visibility and transparency to your work and to also get the team’s partnership on your initiatives.
By 3 months you’ll
- Deeply understand Conversational Marketing Strategy, Revenue Acceleration, the marketing technology industry and Drift’s Personas.
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Understand the impact of your work within quarterly campaigns and be able to seamlessly provide recommendations for topics that align within these programs.
- Build and execute 8-10 webinar programs targeting various marketing and sales personas across different stages of the funnel.
- Measure, analyze and report on webinar program performance as well as provide recommendations for future programs.
- Understand how the teams you interface with work and have worked your own workflow into these processes in order to get the deliverables you need.
- Share your work on an ongoing basis to marketing, sales and the leadership team in order to provide visibility to your progress on your goals.
By 6 months you’ll
- Establish a repeatable engine for the webinars channel.
- Create and maintain a strong repeatable funnel of webinar-driven leads for the sales and SDR organization.
- Be tightly aligned with the digital marketing team from an advertising as well as a website perspective in order in order to achieve your goals.
- Develop and propose innovative changes to the current webinar program based on market trends, program performance and insight gleaned from the data.
- Have built strong relationships and evaluations of vendors and partners that drive marketing programs forward
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Demand Gen/Marketing Programs
- At least 2 years of Demand Gen or programs experience (working in ABM a plus)
- Strong copywriting skills - email copy, communications, and even longer content!
- Experience working with Salesforce, Marketo as well as other MarTech tools to help measure and report on the success of your programs.
- You’re obsessed with marketing and can point to examples of programs you’ve run with cross-functional teams.
- You have an ability to write promotional content and collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine the right follow up offers .
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills.
- You are extremely detail-oriented but can thrive in ambiguity.
- You're well versed in and have experience with marketing automation.
- You love checklists and creating processes.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]