Marketing & Sales Coordinator
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston — and we're profitable. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. We're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About this position:
BookBub is looking for a motivated early career coordinator to join the partner relations & business development team. The partner relations team is the industry-facing side of BookBub, handling sales, account management, and marketing to our author and publisher clients. This new team member will help us drive revenue and partner engagement by empowering authors and publishers through education and customized, goal-oriented advice. The ideal start date for this position is Summer 2019.
Responsibilities may include:
- Becoming an expert on BookBub’s suite of marketing products and advising authors and publishers on best practices for using these tools to help accomplish their goals
- Communicating with author and publisher clients via email, phone, in-person meetings and/or by producing educational content (e.g. blog posts, sales collateral)
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the publishing industry to understand our partners’ needs
- Researching the market to identify new client leads and find examples of innovative, impactful book marketing strategies
- Conducting ad hoc analysis and prep work for the partners team (e.g. pulling campaign performances for individual partners or compiling data from marketing campaigns)
- Collaborating with BookBub’s editorial, production, and product teams to ensure partners’ marketing campaigns run smoothly and successfully
- Gathering and synthesizing partner feedback and delivering findings to internal stakeholders to help develop and improve products
The ideal candidate will be:
- Interested in the publishing industry, especially its digital transition, as well as business strategy and innovation
- An outstanding written and verbal communicator who thrives when interacting with people
- Friendly, positive, and excited about working with author and publisher clients to help them achieve their goals
- Adept at creative problem solving through critical analysis and synthesis of information
- Excited about BookBub’s data-driven approach to decision-making
- Able to work autonomously and balance competing priorities effectively
- Someone who excels in a collaborative environment and easily adapts to change
- Meticulously attentive to detail with strong multi-tasking and coordination abilities
- Interested in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup environment
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.