Marketing Operations Specialist
Greater Boston Area
The Marketing team at Localytics is looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial marketing professional who's not afraid to wear multiple hats in this fast paced environment. We’re looking for a super tech savvy marketer; someone eager to dive right into the complex data systems powering our sales & marketing engine.
You’d roll up your sleeves with our best-of-breed “Martech stack,” including Marketo and Salesforce. This is a role for an operations specialist to ensure that the foundation and plumbing are sound, and that our technology and processes are built to scale. As a specialist, you’ll be responsible for leveraging our marketing automation platform (Marketo) to drive demand and contribute to a successful sales process. Our ideal candidate is a process-oriented individual who is well-versed in inbound and outbound marketing techniques and a strategic thinker – someone who can implement solutions that improve our campaigns.
- In support of the lead of demand generation, this individual will help manage and maintain our marketing automation (Marketo) platform, ensuring all business, technical, and reporting/analysis requirements are met for programs such as:
- Email Nurture, Lead Scoring, Inbound Web Content Offers, Hosted Events and Webinar
- Routinely perform the following marketing automation (Marketo) tasks:
- Maintain our lead lifecycle model to appropriately score and route leads into SFDC for distribution to sales team
- Build Smart Campaigns to segment our database for various marketing activities such as events, webinars, and email blasts
- Maintain a set of rules-based, automated alerts (MQL reminders, “Hot Leads,” Pipeline Visitors, etc.) and add new alerts as needed
- Enforce Marketo best-practices such as data cleanliness, naming conventions, core program templates, and core program channels and tags
- In partnership with our analytics team, assist in the development of reports using data from Marketo, Salesforce, and other systems to better understand the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
- Partner with our Sales Operations team to ensure data from our marketing systems are making their way to Salesforce CRM as expected. QA and troubleshoot issues with these workflows as necessary.
- Train and mentor Sales & Marketing team on Marketo operation and best practices, including both setup (smart campaigns & flow steps) as well as program performance via reporting & analytics.
- In partnership with the Demand Gen/Marketing team, optimize existing campaigns and identify new opportunities for scalable, top-of-funnel and middle-of-the funnel campaigns.
- Own testing for emails and landing pages including form fields and experiences to drive lead capture and qualification. Via Marketo Forums and documentation, regularly identify and implement process improvements.
- Work with legal staff to ensure compliance with foreign and domestic spam and contact laws.
- In partnership with Sales, drive the execution of direct mail campaigns including segmentation, contact development, creative and campaign set-up in SFDC.
- BA/BS required; preferably in Marketing or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a specialist/coordinator in a marketing operations role with Marketo as primary tool.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following tools is preferred: Salesforce.com, Engagio, DiscoverOrg and Terminus.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing processes.
- Strong organizational skills with precise attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter that is passionate about mobile and the mobile app space.
- Must be collaborative and a team player.
- Embraces and is excited by the workload, pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a startup environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Read Full Job Description