Marketing Operations Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Marketing Operations team plays a key role in Toast’s Go-to-Market Strategy. By conceptualizing and executing operational strategies and plays, the team supports the full range of Marketing functions. The team is a resource to team members and thought partners in developing strategy and technology investments.
The Marketing Operations Manager will drive key projects forward for the Marketing and Go-to-Market organization ensuring high quality prospects reach our sales teams quickly and accurately as well as ensuring our customers receive the right message at the right time. They will work cross functionally and with Marketing Operations team members to manage the implementation of systems, tools and reporting structures for new products, ecommerce solutions and new marketing channels.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Go-to Marketing Operations team member to bring complex builds to life in Marketo, plays a supporting role in ideation but where this person really shines is bringing an idea to life and effectively activating team members to work within the complexity seamlessly
- Enable our Marketing team by owning the documentation and training process resulting in increased technology adoption, software acumen and alignment with operational processes - This will be a key emphasis for this role starting out
- Supports program owners in balancing current state build needs with future state scalability and health of systems
- Active member in sprint planning, prioritization, and understanding of scoping level of effort and personal capacity
- Partner with the Marketing Operations Team Lead to support the success of the Marketing team’s campaigns and initiatives with a focus on the Customer Marketing team
- Communicate effectively across teams to drive projects forward and share progress
- Drive collaboration across the Marketing Operations, Business Systems and Business Intelligence teams to identify inefficient processes and apply automation technology and best practices to solve them
- Collaborate across teams to improve processes that drive speed and efficiency in systems.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Certified Marketo Expert/Champion
- Required experience with integrated CRM (Netsuite, Salesforce.com)
- Ambiguous problem solver who can take technical solutions and enable non-technical users to effectively use and scale
- Strong project management skills, priority-setting capability, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with system integration principles, experience troubleshooting points of system failure
- Curious and detail oriented; enjoys working with data and new technology.
- Adaptable and comfortable with a fast paced work environment, works well under deadlines
- Approaches work as an accountable stakeholder with empathy and understanding for colleagues and target audiences
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with Agile project management
- Experience with API implementation with development teams
- Experience implementing advanced Marketo tools (Custom Objects, advanced velocity scripting in Marketo emails)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.