Marketing Operations & Automation Specialist at Akeneo (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Akeneo helps more than 80,000 worldwide merchants manage their product information.
Our intuitive platform is made to simplify product information processes and is designed for companies looking for efficient answers to their multichannel needs. Our tool helps merchants to centralize, translate and control the quality of the product information, leading to higher transformation rates, better SEO, shorter time-to-market and lower return rates.
Akeneo software brings efficiency to marketing teams struggling with tools such as excel. We made our software user-friendly, so it’s intuitive and easy to use! Fossil, Forever 21, Staples, and many other companies chose Akeneo to improve their product enrichment processes.Job Description
The Akeneo Marketing Operations & Automation Specialist is responsible for building and executing modern, connected campaigns and serving as a subject matter expert on Akeneo’s marketing technologies. This includes constructing and deploying engaging omni-channel campaigns, collecting and managing customer data, and integrating trackable KPI’s into every step of the process. This role will work directly with a diverse global marketing organization to develop and enhance campaign strategy, provide timely and actionable feedback, and implement a best-in-class campaign deployment pipeline from conception to execution and beyond.
In addition to building out marketing programs, this person will work with the wider Revenue Operations team to drive the adoption of standardized campaign best practices throughout the demand, partner, and product marketing organizations. This enablement function encompasses direct day-to-day support, as well as the creation and presentation of educational materials; goals will include improving efficiency, driving compliance with customer data regulations, and standardizing processes across the organization.
Due to the large number of channels utilized by our marketing organization, an understanding of how data flows between marketing systems is crucial to success in this role. The Marketing Operations & Automation Specialist will need to build and support cross-platform campaigns that drive customer engagement from the top of the funnel through to the point of sale, ensuring that clean, accurate data is collected at each stage of the process. Strong data management and analytical skills will enable this agile decision-making and continuous improvement in all facets of marketing.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Plan, build and implement best-in-class marketing campaigns across a variety of channels
- Establish and drive the adoption of best practices in campaign creation and execution. Build campaign templates and lead by example
- Ensure proper customer data collection and management at all stages of the buyer’s journey; create and utilize performance metrics to provide timely, actionable feedback on what is and is not working. Drive constant improvement through data-based decision-making
- Become the go-to internal “super user” for our marketing technologies, from automation platforms to social media and analytics; provide feedback on how these technologies could be better utilized
- Enable a diverse, global marketing organization to execute new campaigns in the most efficient, effective, and streamlined manner possible; ensure consistency across all facets of campaign management, from structure to data collection
- Help to build out Akeneo’s marketing technology stack; understand how various applications and platforms work together and establish strong, reliable connections between them
- Work closely with other functions - including digital, operations, product, and demand - to ensure a seamless customer experience between software, websites, social media, and various other campaigns and programs
- Manage larger projects via collaboration with internal and external resources; be prepared to lead campaign-related projects and to coordinate delivery of assets (technical, creative, etc.) with coworkers as well as vendors and freelancers
- 1-3 years of corporate marketing experience; prior B2B and/or SaaS roles are a plus
- Knowledge of modern marketing campaign best practices, from email design to nurture track deployment and optimization
- First-hand experience deploying and managing marketing campaigns though Pardot and Salesforce.com (Eloqua, Marketo, or Hubspot will be considered but Pardot experience is preferred)
- Experience building, connecting, and tracking multi-channel marketing campaigns via Social Media platforms, Content Syndication platforms, and Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of Google Analytics and SEO optimization
- Experience defining KPIs and monitoring campaign performance; ability to pivot quickly in order to respond to downward trends when needed
- Flexible and professional, with excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation ability, and presentation skills
- 5 weeks of vacation and you’re expected to take it
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits along with 401k with company match
- Regular team outings and activities
- Flexible working hours and location - office, hybrid, remote all considered
- Trips to France
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.