Marketing Manager: Developers
What do successful tech companies like Amazon, Facebook, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They’re all platform companies that have opened up their software’s APIs in order to enable millions of developers to build and deploy their own innovative, value-added applications. HubSpot is seeking a hungry Developer Marketing Manager to help us on our journey to becoming a world-class platform company.
Our HubSpot Marketing Manager: Developers will own and build scalable, multi-channel marketing programs to create an army of engaged third-party developers within our community. As the developer marketer, you will work closely with our developer relations team and will help lead the charge in establishing HubSpot as the undisputed platform for marketing, sales, and services tools for SMBs in the eyes of our global developer community.
- Build and execute an ongoing marketing strategy to build awareness of the HubSpot third-party developer ecosystem, enable developers to be successful, and keep them engaged and delighted.
- Craft content to demonstrate use cases and tell stories of developer success and creativity, both within and outside the HubSpot ecosystem, to inspire and engage developers to build with HubSpot.
- Manage HubSpot-owned channels to amplify and distribute this content to devs, including, but not limited to a developer-focused blog, email newsletter, and social media.
- Manage the marketing launch of developer-focused products, tools, and APIs.
- Collaborate with Developer Relations and Product on the definition of developer persona(s) and evangelize these throughout the marketing organization.
- Monitor developer marketing trends, best practices, and examples in the industry and surface insights and ideas to the rest of the platform team and the broader organization.
- Determine the right KPIs to measure the success of developer marketing activities, own reporting and surfacing insights to drive new strategies.
- Collaborate with the rest of our platform marketing team to align developer-focused marketing with the broader HubSpot platform narrative and our efforts to attract more software developers and partners.
- 3-5 years of related SaaS marketing experience, executing programs on a high-impact and scrappy team.
- A desire to build a marketing strategy for a new persona from the ground up.
- More technically-minded than the average marketer - excited to geek out on APIs, platforms, and data and has experience marketing to a technical audience about technical products.
- Deep understanding of developers as a market segment is a big bonus.
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- An exceptional data-driven storyteller.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).