Are you a creative storyteller who can translate technical concepts into compelling insights? A citizen of the world with a passion for technology, healthcare, and marketing? Are you a life long learner who enjoys diving deep in to complex problems and use your curiosity to find innovative solutions? We’re a global software company behind more than a billion health records, and we’d love to talk with you!
Our innovative, award-winning solutions include the InterSystems HealthShare® unified care record product suite, InterSystems TrakCare®, our global health information system, and InterSystems IRIS for Health™, a cloud-first data platform created specifically for the development of healthcare solutions. Our customers span the globe, and leverage data to enhance health and life sciences for all.
We are looking for a Market Intelligence Associate to help us explore new markets, understand established and emerging competitors, and share your insights with the larger organization. As an individual contributor within the Healthcare Market Strategy team, you will be based in Cambridge, MA, and work closely with, and be assisted by, the Product teams, regional Sales and Marketing teams across the world, and Corporate Marketing.
You will work closely with the Market Intelligence Lead to develop market intelligence and competitive intelligence assets for the extended team, as well as conduct primary research and derive insights about InterSystems customers and prospects.
- This role utilizes data and analytics from internal and external sources to inform marketing strategies, assist with client retention and expansion efforts, and identify market and client trends, among other tasks.
- A successful person in this role would apply competitive intelligence and market intelligence processes and best practices to develop actionable insights for our marketing, product and sales teams, and would work collaboratively with the Marketing, Sales, and Finance to gather and synthesize insight on industries, markets, competitors, individuals, and other topics of interest.
Market Intelligence Research and Data Analysis
- Gather data from various sources/databases to compile intelligence briefings, including (but not limited to): customer organization profiles, buyer segmentation and classification, and emerging segments
- Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research as well as sales training on competitive trends in key segments.
- Assist in the management of market research partners
- Develop market and competitive assets for Sales
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and data analysis projects as needed
Visualization and Sharing of Intelligence
- Leverage business intelligence tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.) to deliver visual insights to decision makers
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop client-facing reports, newsletters, infographics and other deliverables
- Give presentations and training sessions on research findings to the marketing, product and sales teams. Comfort presenting to C-level executives required.
Data Architecture Development and Platform Management
- Work with cross-functional leadership team to maintain and improve the company’s databases
- Implement and own new processes, reports, dashboards, or other analytic pursuits that drive user adoption and interest in market intelligence efforts across the company
- Assist in inventorying existing reports for future consolidation, transformation, and improvement; document and maintain reporting inventory
- 3-5+ years of experience in market research, consulting, or analytics roles
- Proven ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, including manipulating large datasets.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative work, with focus on qualitative.
- Exceptional communication skills, including written analysis. Writing sample required with application.
- A track record and comfort with project-based work.
- Ability to balance independent work and team-based work and shift focus between the two as needed.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple complex projects at a time, manage time constraints, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in either the healthcare or financial services industry
- Working knowledge of SQL, as well as analytics insight and curation tools like R, Python, Tableau, or Power BI
- History working globally, especially with individuals across time zones.
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA and/or additional certifications in relevant business areas are a plus
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.