Marketing Director, Institutional Solutions at MassMutual
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Institutional Solutions marketing team, part of MassMutual’s U.S. division, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, marketers motivated to build innovative programs to drive our business success by exceeding the changing needs of our clients and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are seeking a Marketing Director to join our team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Marketing Director candidate is versatile, team-oriented, and knowledgeable about pension plans (including Defined Benefit and Pension Risk Transfer), funding agreements, and bank/corporate owned life insurance and stable value investments. With your experience in institutional and advisor/intermediary channels, you’ll use your skills to develop marketing programs designed to increase MassMutual’s market share in these businesses. By collaborating with key leaders across business, sales, product and marketing functional areas, you will create holistic programs and tactical support in accordance with agreed-upon deliverable timelines. The team culture of working collaboratively and cross-functionally, as well as the respect associated with working at an industry leader are a few of the core reasons people enjoy working on the Institutional Solutions marketing team at MassMutual.Objectives of this role
- Increase MassMutual’s Pension Risk Transfer (PRT), Funding Agreements, Stable Value and Defined Benefit market share by creating programs that drive awareness and consideration of MassMutual’s key capabilities in these segments.
- Collaborate with key business leaders across functional groups to design programs in support of brand building and thought-leadership as well as sales enablement activities.
- Leverage all functional marketing areas (digital, email, print, design, social, advertising) within MassMutual to create “surround sound” activities in support integrated marketing programs.
- Report key success metrics of integrated programs to management, including results of digital efforts, advertising programs and lead generation activities.
- Serve as marketing lead for PRT, DB and Stable Value businesses
- Attend and report out marketing activities at regular team huddles
- Stay abreast of industry trends through competitive research and analysis, making recommendations for improvement as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related fields
- 8-10 years’ work experience showing growth as a marketing leader within an asset manager, insurance company or related organization
- Highly-skilled in written and oral communications, including marketing copy-writing/editing, and presenting complex concepts clearly to small and large audiences
- Proficient use of the MS office suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Advanced degree or qualifications in business or securities or insurance industries
- FINRA Licensed Series 6 or 7 and Series 26 or 24
- Specific knowledge of Pension markets, including defined benefit, pension risk transfer or institutional longevity areas
- Experience working within a large, matrixed organization with proven results
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.