Industry Marketing Director - Life Sciences
If you consider yourself an expert on the Life Sciences industry and are excited about the potential of automated machine learning to drive significant improvements in patient outcomes, cost savings for providers and payers, and bottom-line impact, then you may be the ideal Industry Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing DataRobot team.
This career-defining opportunity focuses on communicating details about our unique value in the rapidly-emerging artificial intelligence and machine learning market. We’re looking for a self-motivated industry marketing manager, with experience handling both internal and external business communication, to develop strategies and associated content that communicates the unique benefits and details of DataRobot for the Life Sciences industry.
You’ll create customer-facing content in various forms to generate awareness and demand for the platform, and for the breadth of DataRobot solutions in general. You’ll work closely with the DataRobot General Manager for Life Sciences and interact regularly with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and senior management to gather requirements and implement marketing strategies to achieve business objectives. You’ll also play a vital role in helping our sales team and customer-facing data scientists understand the nuances of the industry, develop powerful use cases, and prepare them to effectively sell the platform and overall solutions.
- Be an expert on buyers in the Life Sciences industry (ie. payers, providers, etc.), including how they buy, their buying criteria, etc., and communicate this information throughout the company in the form of sales enablement materials, live training, and more.
- Establish DataRobot as a thought leader in the Life Sciences industry through blogs, speaking engagements, social media, and other related means.
- Develop and execute a Marketing plan including events, digital marketing, content, and other lead generation programs to build pipeline by targeting key personas, departments, lines of business, and specific use cases. Create associated campaign materials, including white papers, videos, website content, and more.
- Track and report on the results of Marketing programs relative to pipeline and bookings goals, and adjust plan and execution as needed to hit key metrics
- Understand how DataRobot users in the Life Sciences industry interact with the platform, and provide inbound requirements about potential new features and user experience changes to the Product Management team.
- Provide support to launches of new products and releases for both internal and external audiences to highlight new opportunities created for users in Life Sciences.
- Provide insight into competitor activities/strategies we’re likely to encounter in the Life Sciences industry.
- Identify opportunities and participate in various industry events and trade shows, including message and collateral development, and speaking opportunities.
- Provide support to the gathering of customer stories and proof points that demonstrate the exceptional value that customers derive from using DataRobot.
- Track DataRobot product adoption and usage by Life Sciences customers in conjunction with Life Sciences Industry GM; identify issues that may be impeding adoption and escalate internally to the appropriate organization for follow-up/action.
- 5+ years experience developing Marketing programs to help sell software products into the Life Sciences industry (pharma and/or biotech), with expertise that includes understanding key participants, terminology, and more
- 5+ years product or industry marketing experience, preferably in a data science or analytics environment
- Familiar with analytics, machine learning and data science, and understand the key applications and use cases in Life Sciences
- World-class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, with acute attention to detail
- Experience working with an enterprise customer base and salesforce
- Great people networking skills – you built a trusted network at your current/previous company to help get stuff done quickly
- Ability to manage multiple medium-term programs at once
- Ability to engage and empathize with data scientists, business users and executives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Active in social media