Head of Worksite Marketing at MassMutual
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Head of Worksite Marketing to join our Marketing and Brand team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. In this role you’ll have an opportunity to develop the marketing strategy that reaches target audiences and promotes growth opportunities. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Who are we.
The Marketing & Brand organization is an enterprise marketing function that strives to drive best in class marketing strategy and execution while creating exceptional customer experiences and growth for customers, products and partners. The Marketing & Brand team centralizes Business line strategy with creative execution and measurement. This team is responsible for driving business growth and building and communicating our core brand values and goals.
MassMutual is looking for a highly skilled and adaptable professional to lead the Marketing Strategy for our Worksite channel. MM Worksite business is responsible for selling MassMutual’s Life, Voluntary Insurance Solutions and Benefits, Executive Disability Income and Executive Variable Life products through advisors and brokers including our MassMutual Financial Advisors channel; this includes a broader and more complex set of products. MassMutual has a solid base of Worksite distribution relationships and is making aggressive, intentional investments to expand our base and be a key player in this market.
Keys to success in the marketing strategy role include building and maintaining strong business relationships and partnerships, understanding product diversity and competitiveness, and an ability to align resources and cross collaborate to design and drive the Worksite business marketing strategy forward to execute on sales and growth goals.
What success looks like.
This role is responsible for building a strong connection with marketing across sales, service, technology, and product teams, to drive growth in MMFA and third party distribution opportunities. It requires developing and overseeing the marketing strategy for this distribution channel and identifying innovative ways to reach new target partners. We’ll look for candidates who demonstrate a strong track record of managing teams, integrated campaign development, and an ability to collaborate across a transformative organization and COE model. This person should be able to operate with minimal hierarchy and a wide degree of responsibility with little oversight.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Lead a team of third party distribution channel marketing strategists
- Develop marketing strategy to reach third party target audiences based on business priorities and generation of results, informed by product capabilities, pricing and distribution relationships
- Work closely with Product and Third Party Distribution Sales teams to establish messaging and marketing targets based on sales and growth goals
- Lead the design and strategic input for briefs (single source of truth) and marketing capabilities for the third party channel audience
- Develop and support product marketing (go-to-market strategies) and sales strategies (promotion efforts) as needed
- Support a personalized customer focused view for the third party channel around experiences and product and relationship growth opportunities.
- Align with enterprise customer segmentation and insights efforts and tools to develop customized journeys for respective distribution channels
- Partner with Public Relations and Internal Communications to ensure consistency of messaging and content delivery
- Operate across a transformative organization with an ability to partner within a centralized Marketing COE on the execution of campaigns and strategic marketing programs
- Oversee budget and prioritization planning to evaluate spend and success metrics
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 15+ years of Marketing experience; 8+ years of experience in a management position overseeing a team
- Experience in Group and/or Worksite Insurance teams a plus
- Experience and track record of success driving Worksite business growth marketing strategy and programs to promote and increase the distribution of financial protection products including Life, Asset Based LTC, Disability Income and Annuity products through advisors and brokers (outside of our MassMutual Financial Advisors channel) to insurance-based advisors, securities-based advisors, independent broker dealers, and RIAs
- Ability to build strategic marketing programs designed to support sales goals around deepening existing distribution relationships as well as focused expansion to build additional channels and distributors
- Deep understanding of audience-focused communications, using customer research to influence marketing and product support for the Worksite audience
- An appreciation for the data-driven measurement aspect of growth marketing and seasoned experience creating metric based campaign scorecards that drive to set KPIs
- Proven ability to think strategically and provide thought leadership while balancing execution-oriented, proactive, creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to work well cross functionally across the enterprise and aligned with a shared marketing services organization to build and execute on business objectives
- Demonstrated success driving revenue and maximizing company profits
- Strong interpersonal capabilities including abilities to develop strong trust-based relationships, manage effectively and build and motivate high-performing teams
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence teams and key decision makers and lead an organization through change
- Polished communication skills. Humility. Ability to confidently lead presentations to non-marketing C-Level teams
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working in a complex business environment, ideally in the financial services industry