To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, artist, and researcher in the world.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Lead to direct the Product Marketing team and shape our overall go to market strategy in a competitive space. As the Head of Product Marketing, you’d be responsible for all aspects of bringing our cutting-edge products to market, from developing the critical messages and go-to-market strategy, to working with marketing and creative to develop assets, to working with the product team to get early user feedback.
The team you’ll direct does it all! You’ll quickly build relationships across almost all departments in the company, including product, design, web, and sales, and be a key member of Formlabs’ leadership team.
This is a fast-paced environment, where we launch new materials to market every couple of months, with large hardware announcements every few years. 2020 was an incredibly busy year, we launched 2 new printers, many different accessories, and service offerings. 2021 is slated to be another busy year!
If you’re passionate about reinforcing product messaging across everything we do in sales, services and marketing, we want you to join our team as our Product Marketing Lead.
- Manage the product marketing team, including recruiting, retention, and mentoring, as well as guiding the overall team strategy.
- Plan or guide the launches of new products and releases of existing products, while managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our wide range of verticals and personas.
- Work closely with senior leadership across marketing, sales, product, and services, shaping our product strategy and how we bring our products to market across regions (US, EMEA, APAC) and industries.
- Guide the development of technical training, messaging decks, internal FAQs, and product guides, to enable our sales team to work efficiently while driving ongoing competitive differentiation.
- Define product positioning and messaging that is differentiated, defensible, clear, drives action, and can be leveraged by our sales and marketing teams.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate the effectiveness of our go-to-market process, strategy, and materials to make continuous improvements. Your analysis and insight will help drive improvements to our processes and messages.
- For non-local candidates, be willing to relocate or commute weekly to Boston
- Have led product marketing in a B2B technology company
- Have successfully launched new B2B products to market
- Love working with product, sales and marketing teams to create effective product training material that includes value propositions and competitive differentiation.
- Are detail-oriented with great project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive ambitious projects to completion in short time frames and with limited resources.
- Able to balance long-term strategic thinking with short-term focus on details
- Have strong people management skills
- Have a proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally to complete projects.
- High level of initiative and strong business judgment; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Technical writing experience
- 3D printing or additive manufacturing industry experience
- Experience with B2B hardware technology products
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.