Head of Product Marketing at MassMutual
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Head of Product Marketing to join our Marketing and Brand team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As Head of Product Marketing you’ll have an opportunity to build a thoughtful sales enablement marketing strategy to grow product distribution. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- This role is responsible for creating a compelling story for advisors and clients around the facts and positioning of the product portfolio. We’ll look for candidates who have broad understanding of insurance and investment products (MassMutual-specific knowledge is a bonus, customer segmentation, campaign development and market intelligence). In addition, a successful candidate will have a strong track record of managing teams and an ability to collaborate across large organizations and a centralized Marketing COE. This person should be a dynamic leader with experience working across multiple distribution channels, who can view opportunities for market expansion and cross-sell through a product lens. A successful leader in this space will maintain a high degree of responsibility with little oversight.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Lead a team of product marketing strategists
- Creation of a thoughtful marketing strategy to grow product distribution, including oversight of client and advisor collateral creation and content development.
- Use of customer segmentation, market intelligence and understanding of MassMutual’s product portfolio to drive a holistic marketing strategy aligned to and in support of the product calendar.
- Collaboration and partnership with Channel Marketing Leads to build MassMutual’s “product story”, including ensuring content is targeted and reaches the right audiences.
- Development of sales concepts and innovative ideas to grow sales of MassMutual’s proprietary product portfolio
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 15+ years of Marketing experience; 8+ years of experience in a management position
- Strong understanding of audience-focused communications and customer journey mapping
- Ability to clearly articulate participant, plan sponsor and advisor needs and insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience synthesizing needs of multiple audiences to determine content, and marketing communications initiatives
- Demonstrated success of identifying and monitoring key metrics associated with growth-driven brands and marketing teams
- Proven ability to think strategically while balancing execution-oriented, proactive, creative and innovative thinking
- Experience building robust data and marketing technology capabilities to enhance marketing efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to work well cross functionally to build alignment and reach objectives
- Strong interpersonal capabilities including abilities to develop strong trust-based relationships, manage effectively and build and motivate high-performing teams
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence teams and key decision makers and lead an organization through change
- Polished communication skills. Humility. Ability to confidently lead presentations to non-marketing C-Level teams
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working in a complex business environment, ideally in the financial services industry