Head of Performance Media at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is hiring a Head of Performance Media to lead Chewy’s paid algorithmic lower funnel media (Paid Search or SEM, PLA, PPC) across new customer, existing customer and active customer development strategies. Chewy marketing spend has scaled to over $500MM/year and is a big input to our 20MM+ Active customers. We are seeking a senior leader who can drive both strategy and execution to deliver against acquisition and customer development goals, build a high bar team of digital marketing managers, and demonstrate ownership of mature programs with c-suite visibility. This leader will have a prominent role in developing site and offer experiences that further scale the impact of these programs on business KPIs. This leader will also partner closely with our in-house Ad Tech team to develop automated media management and bid optimization capability. The impact of this role is significant and broad across our addressable media buys accounting for a material contribution to traffic and conversion volumes across our site and apps, requiring a sturdy and resilient mindset, ability to debate and commit, and earn trust as we continue to win share.
The ideal candidate is a passionate ecommerce consumer marketing leader who has a track record of testing and building scalable campaign portfolios via cutting edge ad product expansion, ad technology, test and learn agenda, and obsessing over performance vs. plan. The ideal candidate can manage and own the channel portfolio strategy, performance of multiple campaigns across a variety of goals, is able to work with stakeholders, and can deliver quality work in a fast-paced and always evolving environment. To be successful in this role, you must be, 1) a subject matter expert on lower funnel ad campaigns, 2) a strong organizer and communicator, 3) a leader who can manage and build a world class team, and 4) obsessed with the customer and performance results.
What You’ll Do:
- Own development and communication of the long-term vision, goals, and roadmap for your channels
- Develop a best in class marketing team with clearly defined program objectives, tactics, and KPIs
- Develop new expansion strategies across mature lower funnel and conversion driving media channels, produce insights that lead to new testing and iteration to drive constant improvement
- Manage and evolve lower funnel programs across the consumer journey, from intent, engagement, purchase, to retention or reactivation
- Partner with analytics teams to provide consistent and actionable performance analysis, reporting, and insights that feed back into the strategy
- Establish and manage mechanisms to communicate effectively with your teams, stakeholders across the business, and executive leadership to articulate the impact of your programs
- Analyze data to determine the optimal media strategy to influence our current and future customers
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and exceptional attention to detail
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of lower funnel performance media experience, 5+ years managing teams
- Proven track record in attracting, developing, and motivating talent. Ability to continually raise the bar and lead teams to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Mastery of lower funnel programs and ad products across Paid Search (SEM, PPC), PLA (Shopping, Feeds), Mobile App Install, and Behavioral Retargeting cutting across audience segments
- Strong understanding of the customer development lifecycle from acquisition to retention and reactivation, including lifetime value (LTV) measurement and optimization to customer quality
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of channels
- Strong understanding of the data privacy landscape (CCPA/legislation, IDFA, 3P cookies) including platform updates and upcoming changes
- Mindset and ability to present ideas to senior level leadership, balance feedback with backbone to deliver the best plan, and engage in debates to hone our operating plans and ultimately deliver a winning position in the market
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].